• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

Last edited:
Yes change R19, R20 and use VISHAY ones, since these are specified as 10 Ap pulse current peak to withstand. Installed ones are YAGEO 2 Ap max. Guys from production company didn't quite follow my BOM where it was specified VISHAY 2010 10 Ohm/0,75 W type. Sorry for that inconvenience.

Hi LC,

Could you give us a part # from Vishay? I really want to get the correct one.

Were the ones posted by Miksi the correct ones or there's even better in that package?

CRCW201010R0FKEF Vishay / Dale | Mouser

CRCW201010R0FKEFHP Vishay / Dale | Mouser

Thanks
Do

Last edited:
With Chinese, everything is adjusted for large scale production and sales. When they see order for just a couple of SMPS, they consider it like nothing! I only contacted them once, and when there was no immediate reply I quit! But if you ask quotation for 100 pieces, who knows?

I am NOT CHINESE. I was born and lived and studied in rRomania till I was 25 and I came to china because the current situation in my home contry was of such manner that someone which spent most of his life working and studied worth less than those who just made money no matter how, so I decided to follow my faith elsewhere and i'm happy I did this.
I'm pretty dissapointed that many ppls still call me chinese (and associate with their culture and habbits). In all these years since I'm here I managed to make our own (me and associates) production facility to not depend on chinese production "quality standards" and way of doing business. Yet comunication is an issue, I admit, because of the way how things are treated here...
And I repeat, today is the first day I ever saw that this project exists, and i never received any inquiry for any SMPS800RE for this amplfier as some of you claim.

Last edited:
After reading some reviews, I ordered 2 sets of SMPS500R from Connexelectronic for this project. So far so good and excited to know from Cristi that the smps gonna to be shipped last week. Hopefully will receive them next week.

Now I am headache to choose 1000uf cap MUSE or FINEGOLD and place to buy 10 ohms resistors

Cheers,
James :)

Last edited:
VSSA trim pots

Hi there
On the VSSA PCB v1.7 I dont see any trim pots but on final photoes I see 3 trim pots. Miracle :rolleyes:
There is no schematic v1.7 in thread. Schematic v1.4 has only one trim pot for bias current. But where are the reset two trim pots for trimming DC volts on output?
Is there any setup instruction with final schematic?
Any help would be nice...

This evening i take little time to solder all transistors and electrolytics. It left 10µf MKT that are on way. For all builder ALF common source and KSC/KSA collector are little ticky to solder due to lane thicness or connecting spad. It's same for 1000µF FG.

Attachments

• P1040986_r.jpg
    P1040986_r.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 744
:eek:

Had some trouble glueing the BC550C and BC560C together, first 2 times glue did not hold....but this afternoon the third glue did:) so I just could not wait soldering and I did...I did mark BC560C, and I can see clearly it is in wrong position:mad: and glue is holding fine, six doublesided solder too:eek:

Lazy Cat I hope they were not matched? Because they are not going to survive this I think... So how many should I order for replacement???

Had some trouble glueing the BC550C and BC560C together, first 2 times glue did not hold....but this afternoon the third glue did:) so I just could not wait soldering and I did...I did mark BC560C, and I can see clearly it is in wrong position
First, use your controller to be sure about witch transistor is NPN or PNP.
And if you glued the NPN and PNP together, i'm sure that, Cyanoacrylate or epoxy, you can separate them with a knife and some solvent if Cyanoacrylate.

Had some trouble glueing the BC550C and BC560C together, first 2 times glue did not hold....but this afternoon the third glue did:) so I just could not wait soldering and I did...I did mark BC560C, and I can see clearly it is in wrong position:mad: and glue is holding fine, six doublesided solder too:eek:

Lazy Cat I hope they were not matched? Because they are not going to survive this I think... So how many should I order for replacement???

Don't worry, those are not matched. I don't know too many people that matches P and N devices... Mostly matched P with P and N with N. I guess it also depends on the design...

Ciao!
Do