• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

So is that 60 EUR for a stereo set? How much will shipping to India cost?

Hi Samuel

Yes, 60 EUR for two PCB & Semiconductors set (stereo).

Postal costs will be app. 6 EUR for one shippment, according to weight of two PCB sets.

Have to weighed one PCB set and than prepare the postal costs regarding the quantity of sets, some of you ordered 4-10 PCB sets.

Hello
Can I get a pair power mosfet and the drivers PLEASE? I'm not sure if I can get only 2PC mosfet...
At first I want to build these amp to compare with my amplifier using regular exotic parts not SMD type (I think it would be only fair to use the same type resisters etc)..
I believe you will have a second GB and from that I will order a set or so (depend on the result I'll get)
Thank you Andrej
Greetings Gabor

Joachim Gerhard 2 PCB set
AKN 2 PCB set
Idefixes 2 PCB set
kimon 2 PCB set
brianco 2 PCB set
Dane 2 PCB set
MKHunt 2 PCB set
Cambe 2 PCB set
Supernet 2 PCB set
boyet0173 2 PCB set
tom42107 2 PCB set
presbel 2 PCB set
meltman 2 PCB set
gannaji 2 PCB set
dodo 2 PCB set
coolet 2 PCB set
jj506 2 PCB set
vgeorge 2 PCB set
touchdown 2 PCB set
wponline 2 PCB set
Luke 2 PCB set
cvtaudio 10 PCB set
Renio 2 PCB set
maillard 2 PCB set
PauloPT 2 PCB set
hcbonfim 2 PCB set
gusto142 2 PCB set
PinkPink 2 PCB set
dine1967 2 PCB set
bressix 2 PCB set
nico2k3 2 PCB set
routhun 2 PCB set
CaféNoir 6 PCB set
ColinAlex 8 PCB set
Murdoc 2 PCB set
regal 2 PCB set
AUSTINP 2 PCB set
kroyin 2 PCB set
fredlock 2 PCB set
mikvous 2 PCB set
myfi 2 PCB set
FelixG 4 PCB set
ichiban 2 PCB set
padamiecki 2 PCB set (no ALF)
gogu 2 PCB set
joshvi 2 PCB set
philippeleite 2 PCB set
mefistofelez 4 PCB set
DavorXXL 6 PCB set
sakdi 2 PCB st
buzzforb 2 PCB set
acqu27 2 PCB set
siberia 2 PCB set
mravlca 2 PCB set
baswamin 2 PCB set
miksi 4 PCB set <--correction
chunek 4 PCB set
raysimmons 2 PCB set
johnkrammer 2 PCB set
jony 2 PCB set
sng001 2 PCB set
atupi 2 PCB set
analog_sa 2 PCB set
davidhoang 4 PCB set
Malvin 2 PCB set
vitalica 2 PCB set
Andrewc556 2 PCB set
88bruce 2 PCB set
jkuetemann 2 PCB set
RAYSIMMONS 2 PCB set
Odysseas 2 PCB set
yassud 2 PCB set
Junie 2 PCB set
ivanlukic 2 PCB set
Telstar 2 PCB set (incl semi)

To L.C. and to illustrate the importance of proper choice of the feedback resistances in a power amp.
http://www.davehilldesigns.com/smt_resistror_distortion_rev1.pdf
Notice that those measurements are with a simple OPA, and the distortion is voltage dependent. So worse for a power amplifier.
Reason why i prefer over-sized and careful chosen trough hole resistances for the feedback bridges. The second reason is to can pair easier the two side values.

Hello
Can I get a pair power mosfet and the drivers PLEASE? I'm not sure if I can get only 2PC mosfet...
At first I want to build these amp to compare with my amplifier using regular exotic parts not SMD type (I think it would be only fair to use the same type resisters etc)..
I believe you will have a second GB and from that I will order a set or so (depend on the result I'll get)
Thank you Andrej
Greetings Gabor

Hi Gabor :wave:

At the VSSA project PCB layout is, as I already said once, the last but certainly not the least important part of the game called sound quality. Fair "battle" among the two would be only as each is in its best form, so in this manner I suggest you to go to PCB set from the start, especially if your intention is comparison. :yes:

As i've just received one order from Mouser just before finding thig GB and another one only for this project is impossible to make i would be very happy if someone can help me with parts.
Something like, order twice the BOm and pay the parts and shipping.

Thanks,
Adrian

Hi Adrian

Regarding passive components whether these are SMD or through hole, personal tastes comes in account. Each of you attribute the importance of selection of different components or manufacturers completely subjectively. To please all that tastes would be mission impossible, so very likely it will stay as it is. Also to find passive components on the market isn't so difficult, otherwise we could clearly ask ourselves what is then available at all.

In the matter of weeks awaiting ALFs delivery I am sure there will be opportunity to catch all those little fellows. ;)

Hi LC,
Please can you show us the sch. for the BOM published?

Thank you.

BOM + PCB makes perfectly functional VSSA. In this manner I am assembling two VSSA PCBs to be sure each and everyone is capable to make it right. Not only me, for greater statistical pattern there's also two DIY local members doing the same stuff. If there will be six working channels as outcome, that means the green light to go into PCB production in greater scale is on. :cool:

To L.C. and to illustrate the importance of proper choice of the feedback resistances in a power amp.
http://www.davehilldesigns.com/smt_resistror_distortion_rev1.pdf
Notice that those measurements are with a simple OPA, and the distortion is voltage dependent. So worse for a power amplifier.
Reason why i prefer over-sized and careful chosen trough hole resistances for the feedback bridges. The second reason is to can pair easier the two side values.

As noted in presented test: the size matters (but not for VSSA in general). :D

VSSA has 1206 and 2010 size of feedback resistors, I personaly put Vishay ones onto PCB. Thanks for the tip, very helpful to all others as well. :up: