• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

My understanding is that Cat's design is - at the moment - complete and tested. It also appears to him to meet his requirement criteria.
Yes, it meets my criteria completely. Let me just tell you what can be noticed clearly from the same DAC output. I use media renderer for hi-res network music streaming and this one has S/PDIF and I2S on board output and with VSSA it is obvious like day/night when one or another is in use, of course in a favour to I2S. :yes:

just getting together a list of components to built this excellent amplifier. Can you tell me:

the 22pF capacitors, ceramic do?
1µF capacitors, will polyester do, or will polyprop be sonically better?
If I separate the power supply to the first stage, what should I run the input transistors off, ~7v?
Can I uprate the 2.2mF caps to 4.7mF, which then keeps the same impedance of each device the same as the other 1mF caps?

I intent to run separate N and P output trans (The ALF08 ones) and make the amplifier on vero board, with separate power supplies to each section.

kindest regards
Cats

Hi guys :wave:

What's new?

Well PCB is already finished, will go into production in lets say 50 pcs, hopefully it will be enough. :rolleyes:

Today VSSA went to the first outside lab listening test and all I can say, it is simply the best sounding amp I ever built. CSA will gain a lot from experiences gathered here. :yes:

Attachments

• VSSA PCB 23.jpg
    VSSA PCB 23.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 1,922
Today VSSA went to the first outside lab listening test and all I can say, it is simply the best sounding amp I ever built. CSA will gain a lot from experiences gathered here. :yes:

As LC already mentioned, today was made a first "out of the house" VSSA listening session and to satisfied my curiosity, it was made in my audio system :yummy:

VSSA was tested on CNO loudspeakers from Troels Gravesen. As transport we use modified NAD C541i CD player and Benchmark DAC/preamp. I have to say that in 15 years of building and modifying amplifiers, this is simply best diy amplifier, that I have ever a chance to hear it in my system.

I would simply describe it as a very transparent, detailed and (very important) fluid & musical. Listening session was long almost 3 hours and we were just throwing one cd after another into NAD player. But most interesting finding was the massive power and dynamic that comes from such a small, almost bizarre 5x5 cm square pcb . In a room of 24m2 and 87 dB speakers, we were never even near the clipping or soundstage congestion, even if SPL were above normal listening levels.

So, I am into 2 (stereo) boards too :cool: