Volume pot upgrade for original tu8200 and tu8500

Hi apologies if this has already been answered, just wanted to double check because there are many different versions now.

I have the original tu8200 and tu8500.

My tu8200 volume pot is noisy and id like to replace it. What is the best volume pot upgrade for this version of the amp? I am ok to solder wires point to point if needed.

Also, is there an upgrade option for the tu8500 volume pot?

Thanks

I did it on my TU-8200R. Maybe my photos can help you.

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 329
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 316
  • pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 320
Thanks yes I’m planning install the alps upgraded pot in the tu8200 with wires as i understand you have done. If you have any tips on this i’d be grateful for them. Will document the process for others when i give it a go

I did an Alps R27 in my original TU-8200. Requires snipping off the board where the pot mounts, then I used 8 leads cut from a capacitor upgrade (Mundorf). As it was over a year ago I don't recall the exact order but I seem to recall it was a royal pain - lots of work and rework in getting everything to fit properly. I think I soldered the pins to the snipped off portion of the board first, then mounted everything, and finally soldered the pins to the remaining portion of the Unit 2 board.

I only have one photo of the assembly with me right now and it is hard to tell exactly what I did other than my memory of lots of swearing.

blimey that is a neat neat job. Top of the class. This has inspire me to look at the TU-8600S I have. Thank you.
Hi friend, thank you very much. I think for the TU-8600S you need a special unit 2 PCB for TKD pot. It should be easy to install it. You can buy it from Victor or I can send you mine for free, as I will not need it very probably. I can give you one new TKD 2CP601S as well.

Reactions: 1 user