visible LED lights in image

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I got my optics all almost worked out, just that the only problem is that I can see my LED lights in my image? Like you can see the dots in the centre. Well I replaced my 20W LED with a 50W LED assuming it would give me a brighter image, but now i have these dots..

Any ideas? I've tried moving my condenser fresnel further away from the LED, but nothing seems to change. Is it the condenser lens? (cause i kind of fixed it while mounting it to the LED already :/)

Thanks!!!!

Cheers,
bananasticks.

I know it's probably too late, but maybe useful for someone else

If you have an upright build with a front surface mirror then you should check if your LCD panel does not have a reflective mirror film on its back. This is because in an upright design you have the fresnel lenses and then the LCD panel with the mirror film towards the fresnel lenses. Imagine this; light comes from the bulb, out the fresnel lenses and into the panel through the highly reflective layer which will reflect a good portion of that light back on to the fresnel lens closest to the LCD. This will illuminate the lenses in a weird way and create these rings and a round spot in the middle of the screen.

This was the case with my projector and it produced an annoying bright small circle and then a point in the center of the screen until I removed the reflective layer on the panel which partially solved the issue although the circle and spot were still slightly visible.

What I then did was I purchased a brand new panel, which it too had a reflective layer on the back, but this time I flipped the panel so that the other side is facing the lenses. The other side is glossy and I think it’s got an antiglare coating on it. The point and circle disappeared COMPLETELY.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.