Very large sized planar driver ( 180square feet) ...possible ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i do not understand how one can emulate a non point source with point sources ???

even if we move the sources in the slit with the emulator, they still not emit like a plane ??

also, one has to take in account that there will be a room with the same dimension as the base driver itself in my house ..won't be in an infinite situation!

It was brought forward by MJL21193 member to use
some pneumatic rams isntead of magnetic motors..
i don't see any problem with doing that..
do you guys see any ?

are pneumatic ram precise enough ?
if i only require less than 1mm movements, i am not too sure that pneumatic rams would provide the precision
newya i think this idea has to be considered,
as there is no real limit to what i can use as motor

i will try and calculate the weight of the total CF laminated sandwich for this size..with different available carbon prepeg weight and different core thickness
VS flex ..could be interesting
i know we have some sandwiches with balsa cores that we use that are near 1g/square inch!

Yes, I mean your other thread.
In the simulation the wavefront is perfectly planar when I build the side walls, even better than without walls, but all changes when I draw the opposing wall, and that`s what the active absorption stategies in your other thread deal with.

ok nice
that is what i understood also ...

so if we find a way to deal with the rear wall,
the rest could be near perfect ....

though i can see that there is a big difference between
a room with standing waves from rear reflection
and one that has no rear wall and waves only pass by

what do you think about the way we will hear the different wave pattern ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.