• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Versatile and comfortable passive pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What post # had the price of the PCB and misc. parts? I haven't read the entire thread. Working on it. Count me in as well, but I would like to know what I'm signing up for. :) I'll take 2 sets of everything too, plus LDRs and transformers for US (120v). Add my name to the spreadsheet.

Rick

Last edited:
Rudi, I know this is probably far outside the scope of your project, but I wonder if you would consider something like this for a future revision of your attenuator:

Making nice-looking front panels with no setup cost - YouTube

Using something like this as a standard case:

1455N1602 Hammond Manufacturing | Mouser

Your module is a very sweet solution for remote volume control for home DIY, but I think a lot of beginners (like me) struggle with the casework. Standard cutout panels for IEC, LED, and phono would make a very useful kit.

Having a standard box enclosure would make a good external standalone module, as well as providing useful shielding for internal installations in power amps with electrically noisy components such as SMPS.

Just a thought,
Mat

Gentlemen, find attached the list of participants of round #1 of the group-buy (this round is closed) and round #2, which I will start in August,
after I have received some feedback of the round #1 - DIYers.

Concerning the status:
1) The tracking-ID says that the PCBs have left Hongkong 3 days ago.
2) No feedback from UriahD. concerning the matching of the LDRs so far. I will ask him today.
3) METAL is busy adapting the software.
4) The User's Manual is "under construction".

Concerning the mini-group buy from MOUSER: which components do you want to include? LCD, transformer, motorized potentiometer?

Mat: I know these cases. Fischer Elektronik produces them as well. Due to its space restrictions (used PCB-area width < 95mm)
the HAMMOND-case requires a complete redesign of the PCB's layout!

I will think about it.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• Image5.png
    Image5.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 278
@Adrian: 16x2 chars displays will be supported as well.
But the support of both display types (16x1 and 16x2) is not easy. It takes some time to program and verify.

This is the problem:
When I write "Hello Adrian" on the 1st line of a 16x2 display, I set the cursor to position 1 of the 1st line and do 12 consecutive
put-character - commands. No problem.

When I do the same on a 16x1 display, I once more set the cursor to position 1, do 8 (!) consecutive puts, then change the cursor-position
to X'40' and do another 4 put-character - commands.

Not easy to support both types of display, as I said, but it will be done.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S. The idea is to output texts that consists of 2 chunks of 8 chars without looking cryptic.

Attachments

• Image6.png
    Image6.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.