• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Ventus EZ

Currently, I do not have a balanced DAC. But I plan on obtaining one soon. For now, I will be using a Gamma2 The γ2 Compact High Performance DAC thats the link for it

It will output into 4pin XLR, or dual 3 pin, haven't decided yet.

But, I have 4 Ventus EZ boards, and am willing to use em all, because I would like (if possible) to be able to use both balanced and SE setups with the Ventus.

That will work, if your headphones can support being driven with a balanced signal. Not sure how much benefit you will get, however.

Yup they can :) so all the boards get wired up for SE use, with GND shorted to IN-, right? Because the signal is already inverted, so if you invert it again, it would be 2x normal, right?

So ide have 4x Non-Inverting boards, powered by 1 LCBPS? Or would I need 2?

No, use balanced inputs to each board, not single-ended, but reverse the inputs on the second pair (see picture). Repeat for each channel (left and right).

Attachments

• btl..png
    btl..png
    14.4 KB · Views: 215
So I constructed it for single ended until my xlr's come in. Anyhow, e sound is very very quiet, and pretty distorted. Songs are clearly recognizable, but you can easily tell that they are distorted, grainy, not clear.

This is both sides. That along with the issues I've had with cables leads me to believe its a grounding issue. But that's just a theory.

So, do you have any recomended method of troubleshooting? Thanks!