Valve Itch phono

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I bought togheter Ricardo & Massimo 23 caps 15nF FT-1 & no one was really 15nF all rated 200V like all FT-1 so can use with Itch, FT-3 rated 600V don't have 15nF & 47nF values, could you recommend other Russian teflon types 15nF & 47nF matched pairs with Voltage rated for Itch?

N.B. I don't have Mark commission.

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I see both 0.047uF and 0.015uF in 600V 1% Auricap in their catalogue. Russian ones if you can't find, I can't find either. The commission comment was unfortunate. Of course nobody thought of you such. We just look for best options.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I still do not understand the difference between 1% and 10% parts once we are making sure they are matched....

Problem is we can't find something standard for 1-2% tolerance and 250V, new, generally available, to include in the BOM. Finding some way with a dealer to measure and send from small NOS 5-10% stock or new, is not something defined to include in a BOM, especially future wise.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I still do not understand the difference between 1% and 10% parts once we are making sure they are matched....

The tolerance may not tell the whole story, generally the more tightly toleranced the part is designed to be, the better the stability over time and temperature. An extreme example might be a pair of 10% carbon comp resistors matched to 1% or better, a few years on they won't be. (The physical character of the carbon slurry used in these resistors is affected by temperature, moisture and some specific aging mechanisms.) Similar mechanisms also exist in some types of capacitors as a result of the care taken in the construction, choice of materials used, and packaging..

Generally good film capacitors are stable and may be matched to tighter tolerances, starting with a 5% part or better is generally a good idea.. 2% tolerance films are hard to find, but do exist.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have seen many such capacitors in Jadis gear. Could have been the MKT ones though. They have also in the gamut the 0.1u 250V ones in the mu followers, they can be 10%. Same for the 2.2u output and 4.7u RC decoupler. And they have SCR 5% also.

P.S. Do they accept Paypal?