• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USSA-5 PCB GB

Update to my selection.

meanie - 2 pcs (BJT)
Vunce - 2 pcs (BJT 5.1) :)
Brianco - 2 pcs (any colour) Yes Please :)
boba1000 - 2 pcs
FAA - 2 pcs
Funke - 2 pcs
gary s - 2 pcs (Toshiba mosfet drivers or BJT 5.1) (any colour) :)
Potstip - 2 pcs (BJT 5.1) :)
mbrennwa - 2 pieces

Running Total = 18 pcs.

Meanie - 2 pcs (BJT)
Vunce - 2 pcs (BJT 5.1) :)
Brianco - 2 pcs (any colour) Yes Please :)
boba1000 - 2 pcs
FAA - 2 pcs
Funke - 2 pcs
gary s - 2 pcs (Toshiba mosfet drivers or BJT 5.1) (any colour) :)
Potstip - 2 pcs (BJT 5.1) :)
mbrennwa - 2 pieces
Bfpca - 2 pcs

Running Total = 20pcs.

Last edited:
Meanie - 2 pcs (BJT)
Vunce - 2 pcs (BJT 5.1)
Brianco - 2 pcs (any colour) Yes Please
boba1000 - 2 pcs
FAA - 2 pcs
Funke - 2 pcs
gary s - 2 pcs (Toshiba mosfet drivers or BJT 5.1) (any colour)
Potstip - 2 pcs (BJT 5.1)
mbrennwa - 2 pieces
Bfpca - 2 pcs
coolnose - 2 pcs

Running Total = 22pcs.

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Gary
If I order tonight usually it takes about 10 days to get them home. After that I start shipping after payment so except for USA (where it can be faster from Canada) it takes about another 2 weeks to get to you. For the price it will be something about between 15 or 17$ CAD for 2 high quality pcbs (to be confirmed). Of course you need to add packaging (2$) and airmail shipping.
More news tonight.

For the bjt drivers I can easily get them from my local Digi-Key distributor but I know it could be more difficult for other parts of the world. So indicate on the list if you would like to get bjt drivers too.

Fab

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Fab,

Thanks for offering another variation. I already have the MOSFET driver version of USSA-5. Looking forward to trying the BJT driver option. I know Ti Kan of AMB B24 fame likes to use JFET input, BJT driver and MOSFET output.

Kind regards and Merci beaucoup!

Anand.

You are welcome Anand.
If you want to try AMB combination just build the FSSA2 ;) For the USSA3, it would mean to change the mosfet drivers to bjt drivers but i have not tested this configuration...damping factor would be reduced and USSA3 has already a lower damping factor than USSA5.

Fab

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
All bjt USSA5.....USSA5B...

Hi meanie
I thought about that but after analysis I am aiming for an all bjt version (except current source) using darlington bjt drivers and single bjt output... still under test.

As you can see the output pins must be reversed compared to lateral mosfet...

Fab

Attachments

• 43CEB3E1-263F-4B59-928C-9100E4066AFF.jpg
    43CEB3E1-263F-4B59-928C-9100E4066AFF.jpg
    974 KB · Views: 172
Thanks for your continuous developments!

I am very happy with the USSA5 now, and I was thinking to try some other design of yours. I was hoping for non Mosfets version and using power transistors meant for audio applications, for example, Toshiba 1943/5200 pair.

Regardless, I will still go ahead and build your BJT version.

Hi Fab,

I was in Hamburg this weekend and have heared the USS3 from Jens and like them very much. So if it is not too late I would order a set from the PCB’s also for me. They could be shipped together with the pair from Boris - aka funkenheim.
Regards, Michael

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Fab,

I was in Hamburg this weekend and have heared the USS3 from Jens and like them very much. So if it is not too late I would order a set from the PCB’s also for me. They could be shipped together with the pair from Boris - aka funkenheim.
Regards, Michael
Hi speedy
Not too late, more specially if you already like the sound :hphones::)
What is Jens Diyaudio alias name?

This is an updated list:

Meanie - 4 pcs (2 pcbs charged)
Vunce - 2 pcs (BJT 5.1) (no pcb charged)
Brianco - 2 pcs (any colour) Yes Please
boba1000 - 2 pcs
FAA - 2 pcs
Funke - 2 pcs
gary s - 2 pcs (Toshiba mosfet drivers or BJT 5.1) (any colour)
Potstip - 2 pcs (BJT 5.1)
mbrennwa - 2 pieces
Bfpca - 2 pcs
coolnose - 2 pcs
Speedy - 2 pcs (shipped to Funke)

Running Total = 26 pcs

Please correct if any mistakes.

Fab

Last edited: