User fees and royalties

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, I have been wondering about the near future of audio reproduction medium! CDs Dtape and good old vinyl LPs. If I heard correctly the recording industry has come against a clause in there contracts and many of the royalties will finally go to the Artists who's creation made original scores! Once again if I am correct a judgement has been made that favors the Artist/s and from this date the record industry will have substantially less control of songs, melodies and music scores! The date is some time after Dec.2011. I would venture a guess Dec. 31st
Comments??????
kingfisher

So far what I have been hearing was from a radio program over NPR and their affiliates! But I was wondering if any others have heard the same broadcast. One of the Artist mentioned was Bruce Springsteen. But what I found most interesting was about the control of data as per artist which included the right to compress or not compress the data. This would elevate the reproduction of CD's back to the original promise of 'Highest quality' formatting!
Seeing this as something I have heard over the airwaves gave rise to my request for 'Comments???'
kingfisher

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.