Use a DAC of a CD-player ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Possibly.

One of the many projects I haven't got around to yet is the "almost-free-DAC" based on a broken CD player I got for 25 cents. Not a high-end CD player by any means, but it does have a digital filter that I have a data sheet for and a pair of Analog Devices DACs, so it shouldn't be difficult to cut away this corner of the pc board, add regulators and better opamps in the analog section, and kluge an S/PDIF input (probably using an AD1892 receiver/sample-rate-converter chip, although that may be overkill).

So, identify the digital filter chip, and figure out how to feed it.

I'a not very experimented in DAC circuit... But i saw in some chematic, that the RCA 75 ohm input cable go to a (DIGITAL INPUT RECEIVER) chip before the (DIGITAL RECEIVER) chip !

So, the digital input have to go where exactly ?
excuse me, I don't know very much in digital system.

For the modification, I will do nothing, the power of this cd player is the analog parts. This cd player was created by Steve Mc-Cormack in 1987. At this time, it was a very very good sounding cd player.

thank you for your help !

Yeah, it is a Mod Squad cd player. A plilips CDB-473 modified...
Inside, I can saw the TDA1541, but I cannot find the digital filter ?? Anybody can help me ??

TDA5708 28 pin
XC86604P 40 pin
SAA7220 P/A 24 pin
SAA7210P 40 pin
MAB 8441P T113 28pin
X2816BP 24 pin
TDA 5709 20 pn
8703E8206 18 pin

????

There isn't one input......

There are 4:

Master clock

Bit clock

Word clock (aka L/R clock)

Data

There is a thread about hooking up a CS8414 to NPC and Philips filters. Read it. Get the data sheet of all of those parts........read them........then ask questions.

Jocko

In a normal CD player, there a received chip or no ???

here the list of chip I have in mine cd player..

TDA5708 28 pin
XC86604P 40 pin
SAA7220 P/A 24 pin
SAA7210P 40 pin
MAB 8441P T113 28pin
X2816BP 24 pin
TDA 5709 20 pn
8703E8206 18 pin

one of this one is a receiving chip ?
if no, I have to buy the CS8414 to feed my philips filter ?

YES!!!!!

Do you guys have trouble reading/understanding the datasheets? Or is it a case of wanting someone else to tell you what to do. There have been a series of questions the last week or two that make me wonder..........

(Several guys have done this......not singling out one guy...........)

If you really are in over your head, perhaps you might want to buy a cheap DIY kit that you can get accustomed to this stuff with. It might be easier in the long run to learn by applying a similar solution before trying to come up with one on your own.

Jocko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.