usb to s/pdif convertors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Shouldn't we find the best straight signalpath from the bits to the soudwaves as modular as it can be? The industry should be very happy since there would be more boxes to sell and so forth...

The more I read about this is related to that this already has that and that one is incompatible because the first one aleready has this. Let's first set a common modular signal path and the argue what is best in every position down to coupling caps or not.

/Brgds

Unfortunately I don't know, but my guess is that J22 not I2S. If it were I2S then this device would be a bargain.
Why do you say that? I2S should be one of the least expensive features to implement. Granted, the current market prices I2S devices at a premium, but that is purely due to supply and demand, not cost of the technology. If millions of people actually wanted to buy an I2S output device instead of an HDMI output device, then I2S would be dirt cheap.

If there's something I'm missing that makes I2S expensive to implement at any quantity, then please enlighten.

Why do you say that? I2S should be one of the least expensive features to implement. Granted, the current market prices I2S devices at a premium, but that is purely due to supply and demand, not cost of the technology. If millions of people actually wanted to buy an I2S output device instead of an HDMI output device, then I2S would be dirt cheap.

If there's something I'm missing that makes I2S expensive to implement at any quantity, then please enlighten.

I was saying that in relation with the prices of other devices that have I2S output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.