USAudio model USA554X.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I can't find anything on this 660-watt D Class 12v car amplifier? I can't upload any photos because of a recent Microsoft update that has thrown a spanner into the works! It is red with a blue insert and has HM-ll Xtreme competition Amplifier written on it. Does anyone have a service manual and/or a schematic for it? I found it had 3 puffed out electro capacitors a cooked main diode and some fried MOSFETs and resistors so I replaced everything. I don't know where to get a 700-watt bulb for a dim bulb tester so I just connected a battery up with twin alligator clip wires to ground and B+ which both burnt off in a second. (There is no on/off switch) I'm new to D Class amps and I have no idea especially with no schematic? Can anyone help me with this at all?:D

Joined 2009
Paid Member
For the 700 watt bulb... if you're referring to an inline current limiter, all you need is a 12v headlamp, for most amps. Most people use a 2 ohm, 100w tubular ceramic resistor and watch the amp meter in their 12v supply to know if there is a problem.

I was wondering how that was done on these D Class amps? so thanks for that! I found a few photos I took of the amps insides on my computer before I took the amp apart. the bottom right-hand Mosfets have been replaced all except for one because it was still working? The original Mosfet blew immediately at turn on so it must've been on the verge of going! Oh well, I'll have to order another Mosfet.

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 90
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Here are some photos, I'll send a photo of the solder side next. Three photos at a time don't work? I've removed 4 x RPF50N06 Mosfets from the top right-hand corner to test them.

Attachments

• IMG_20190317_101905.jpg
    IMG_20190317_101905.jpg
    794 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20190317_102000.jpg
    IMG_20190317_102000.jpg
    876.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
There is nothing class D there. It appears to be a 4 channel class B amplifier.

I don't have a diagram specifically for this amp (someone else may), what is the problem at this point and what questions do you have?

Close-up photos may be needed to answer specific questions about this amp.

Two of the gate resistors appear burned. Are they within tolerance?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.