• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

US Army Russian Electronics Dictionary

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In these days, when the only NOS worth the money is Reflektor, Voskhod, Svetlana, Novosibirsk - A cool birthday present from my girlfriend!

Perfect for getting the fine details from those Russian data sheets! Yes, all the phrases, like "maximum anode voltage, continuous" are translated in it. Sure, you can work most of it out without a book, but you can't beat detail when you are designing.

Now, just why could the US Army have written that in 1956?

Attachments

• russenjibiki.jpg
    russenjibiki.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 329
Rod Coleman said:
In these days, when the only NOS worth the money is Reflektor, Voskhod, Svetlana, Novosibirsk - A cool birthday present from my girlfriend!

Perfect for getting the fine details from those Russian data sheets! Yes, all the phrases, like "maximum anode voltage, continuous" are translated in it. Sure, you can work most of it out without a book, but you can't beat detail when you are designing.

Now, just why could the US Army have written that in 1956?

Cold war.
There should be phrases like, "Where communists of your village hide?!" :D

SY said:
I can hear Slim Pickens drawling, "Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good time in Dallas with all this stuff."

Curious fact... Slim did actually say "Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good time in Dallas with all this stuff." But it was dubbed to say "Vegas" in stead of "Dallas" (watch his lips...) due to the recent assassination of JFK in Dallas.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.