upgrades to marantz CD6000 OSE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"1. Any suggestion in upgrading the yellow thing on the top left? The one marked by yellow X."

There is no need in upgrading that cap since it serves as a surge suppressor.

"2. There are many small green and tiny red caps marked by red X in the right centre which I believe are polymer caps with values between 120pf and 150pf, can I change all to better caps but all at 150pf?"

You could replace these caps with appropriate WIMA FKP 2 or silvered mica capacitors. You can expect better clarity & resolution.

3. Any suggestion in upgrading the chip at the right bottom marked by blue X? Any point at all?

That chip serves as a headphone amp. If you don't use headphones leave is at it is.

As I could see from the picture, there is still a plenty space for upgrading Marantz CD6000...

Keep tweaking anyway!

Help with Removing Output Caps

Hello Eveyone,

I looked thru some posts and mentione dthat removing of output caps.
Some just mention the removal and nothing else, some mention removing and replace with some wires.

Can someone confirm which is the corrct way?

If to replace with wires, how will the wire run?
Is it using 4 short wire and connecting the + & - of the origial caps position?

Thanks.

Eric

Two More Questions

Sorry folks, I ave 2 more questions here..........

1. There are MANY steel wires all over the PCB. Will it be good to replace these with normal copper wire? I have some 24AWG solid copper in teflon sleeve.

2. I plan to change some caps to os-con as suggested by some of you here, will it be useful to bypass with some 10nF WIMA FKP2? I have a bag of these.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Late talk in an almost defunt tread..but... let's try!

I have a CD6000 OSE, and agree very much with Ergo that there is a lot of crap outside the audioband in the out of the DACs... and at 5 MHz, in the order of volt , in the input of the Operational amplifiers ( HDAM or in a integrated in a chip, they are OP AMPs). I really do not fell well puting a relatively high voltage at 5 MHz in a circuit with op amps or HDAMs. does any one have a good option to reduce the 5Volts, 5MHZ PWM in the output of the DACs before it arrives in the filters inputs?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.