Upgrade for Philips CD304

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well It doesn't give the right SPdif to tricker my ext.DAC

What next?

Does anyone have a MKII spare? If it is defect than it's fine. Yesterday I bought a second CD304 again in silver with remote ( original one )

What can I use from my CD4xx donor. it's a 16bits player with a CDMII mechanism. but does also has no digital out.

It does seem that I and many others brought up an issue that is not that easy as I tought it would be. What most be done to strip it back to basic and only use it as transport but with a signal that all the DAC are using.

An MKII is a lot easier but I like it the hardway. I'm kind off new arround this all and spending hours to keep up with the technical stuff.

Again who is able to give me some info that it can me done

:confused:

Regards to all:D

The Sound from pin 37 is like a data modem, Sound loud and does not do anything to my ext DAC. But all the commands that I give does set-off a different patern in noice. To bad that it cannot be used as a SPdif. or at least a signal that my ext Dac might like.

:bawling:

Wel for now I have no other option than to trust the information given and keep playing with my CD304 till someone proof otherwise. Or I will find a MKII DAC.

Attachments

• cd304rightnew.jpg
    cd304rightnew.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 540
What is relatively interseting is the 308 has the same internals as the 104 .......?

violently spinnig cd .....I've had that in the past may be one of the transistors on the blink......

I've also had it when I've miss inserted one of the ribon cables the push fit sort.....

I just modified the laser from an CDM4 back to a CDM-II. After some adjustments it seems to work fine.;)

The point was that I would like a different laser in my CD850 and not that crappy plastic one ( original in CDM-4 )

Both players seem to work fine and this might be proof off compatibility!!

But it took me a periode of time to change all the different parts of mounting al the frame works.

Does someone recall the add and might be able to give some more info about this toppic:att'n:

Thanks for reading.

PS I hate the CD motor it's not brushless CDM-4.

Attachments

• cdm4.jpg
    cdm4.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 454
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.