UP approval on guitar amps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well,
that right there shows you that uncontrolled capitalism is a very bad thing. If you knew how much greed has cost the USA, no one would be able to sleep at night.

It would really help if there were guidelines that could be applied to just what exactly is a reasonable damages award, and what should be litigated. Sometimes "stuff" just happens without any intent on anyone's part. That situation should be closed to civil litigation.

I wonder, professionals take, as part of their oath, a promise to behave in a restrained and professional manner. Also to act in a truthful manner (which means to never misrepresent the facts), yet the civil court rooms are full of jesters and outright truth bending comedy acts. So what happened to their oath?

This is spilling over into Canada, and it's not pretty. Lawyers no longer represent any truth, it's only who has the best dog and pony show. The legal profession has long since abandoned the thought of serving society and has become a business of bleeding people and companies dry.

Nope. No way would I sell anything, or build anything. Survival has zero to do with product quality and innovation anymore.

-Chris

It is depressing to read all those discouraging messages. I had ideas and I registered a for-profit company. My wife warned me that I should not and could not drag her house into legal fees or compensation cost if a lawsuit would arise. Now I decide to give up, to close my new born company, with $100 lost of the registration fee. A better choice for me is to climb the career ladder, and be happy for being hired by someone else.

HighVividity

"could not drag her house into legal fees or compensation cost"

This is what an LLC is for. limited liability corporation status seperates your company from your personel assets. Busness insurance is a kind of prtection aginst suscessfull lawsuits. Still I hear you. Small busness should be encouraged. I keep hearing that people are pissed because the president hasent created enough jobs, but I claim that the best that the government can do is to lower barriers to job creation. Jobs are overwhelmingly created in the private sector.
Im walking dangerously close to the politics cliff here so I'll stop. Really I will.:D

Last edited:
limited liability corporation status seperates your company from your personel assets.

Any well designed corporation does this. You must be careful to never "comingle" your personal finances with the corporation's.

Another possibility (and the one I chose) it the "S corporation". Here the corporation is a sepreate legal entity from the individual person, but the two are combined at tax time. The corporations losses are a tax deduction from your personal income, and the corporations profits are ordinary income to the individual.

Corporate law and taxation varies from stste to state. Delaware has the most corporate friendly laws which is why many large corporations are incorporated in Delaware.

With all the different requirements that must be met it makes sense to let a lawyer do the corporate start up but it is possible to do it yourself in many states.

Another possibility (and the one I chose) it the "S corporation". Here the corporation is a sepreate legal entity from the individual person, but the two are combined at tax time. The corporations losses are a tax deduction from your personal income, and the corporations profits are ordinary income to the individual.

Much to said about the options that allows.
Also when dissolving said corp. assets can be distributed into individual members corps. Wouldn't have gone into these waters here but Damn our lawyer got a fat check from us last month because not many have the right answers. Aren't they good at bending one over in their specialized way's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.