ultranalog sacd enhancer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I have searched for a shematics for building a simple and better analog output stage to my Sony DVD player(without sacd) .I'm not able to design my own.
There is one interesting output stage made with transistors at http://ultranalog.com/cdenhancer/sacdenhancer

I have few questions.

1.Does this work with AK4385 dac,it doesn't have DSD (1bit).As AK4383 in that SACD player has?

2.DAC1 and DAC2 in the shematic,what are they( L and R ?)There is R+,R-,L+,L- in the dac output?

3.There is only one output.Is it necessary to make two of these circuits,one for each channel,or one with two emitter followers?

4.Should I just forget it and copy the original output stage of my DVD player to a protoboard with good quality components and op amp like opa2132pa?

These are the questions for now .

:xeye:

I can't really answer the first three questions but i guess the nr 4 would be the easiest and with the best possible components you can find/want to spend.
The 2134 should be high quality enough but you can also consider a better opamp.
I would recommend soldering a socket to the board to enable you the easy opamp swapping in future. i wont be that much bigger effort anyway.

pikkujöpö said:
Hi

I have searched for a shematics for building a simple and better analog output stage to my Sony DVD player(without sacd) .I'm not able to design my own.
There is one interesting output stage made with transistors at http://ultranalog.com/cdenhancer/sacdenhancer

I have few questions.

1.Does this work with AK4385 dac,it doesn't have DSD (1bit).As AK4383 in that SACD player has?

Unless you are a bat or a dog, it doesn't matter at this point as the signal has been converted to analogue.

2.DAC1 and DAC2 in the shematic,what are they( L and R ?)There is R+,R-,L+,L- in the dac output?

DAC1 is R+ or AOUTR+ and DAC2 is R- or AOUTR-.

3.There is only one output.Is it necessary to make two of these circuits,one for each channel,or one with two emitter followers?

One circuit for each channel.

4.Should I just forget it and copy the original output stage of my DVD player to a protoboard with good quality components and op amp like opa2132pa?

Try both starting with the sacdenhancer.

These are the questions for now .

:xeye:

Big thanks for your answers:)

I think now I'm confident enough to try the output stage with the transistors.

Just one more question : There is a 5K potentiometer for distortion cancellation,I have no distortion analyzer anyway.Is the pot needed in this case? Any recomendations for resistor?

The soldering socket for op amps sounds like a good idea to use in the future.I have some listening experience with opa2132pa and i like their sound.There has been some recomendations for biasing it to class A with two resistors,maybe I will try it later.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.