Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

How did you make the shape? I have a rough idea, but last time I tried it turned out ...fugly.

I am enjoying the panels very much already, but lower midrange is lacking without a baffle or horn. Looking forward to try your horns.

I made some mdf rips, 12×10", made a mark 3 inches up, and 1" over.
That'sthe pivot point for a router set at a 9" radius.

These pieces are the top and bottom plates for the horn flares, and the off centred nature creates a small compression chamber in front of the driver membrane..

Attach these to the side panels, then screw and glue your horn flares to the curves.

Make sure your side panels are 90 degrees!

Attach these to the top and bottom of your horn box.
I made the horn box slightly deeper than the flares, to simplify morning the Neo 10 to the horn plates.

My very modest and first atempt at a open baffle speaker made with drivers i had and heavily equed with minidsp . Not finished but i was in a hurry to try it...

Attachments

• 20161022_192221.jpg
    20161022_192221.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 1,697
  • 20161022_220621.jpg
    20161022_220621.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 1,653
Last edited:
I used an old ply sheet while testing . Similar to your panel but with a 12 inch bass driver. The panel flexed visibly, VERY significantly. We were surprised to see how much it flexed.

Not bein U, :confused: , I myself used spruce, 15 mm, panels. Even with 22 Kg of speaker it does not bend significantltly and the panel does not resonate (when knocking on the wood).
My next build is on a 12 mm panel.
When there is a slight tension on such a panel it stiffens and that improves the bass response. That is how a piano gets its grand sound.

Any living room under 20m²

I'm trying to perform a fine selection instead of buying all the market drivers.

It still don't make any sense to me as the room will largely impact your results if i say for example 110 dB you might get 120dB or 90dB in your room.
Your room will differ from others even with the same area, and if you're just interested in Max SPL you should really look elsewhere.

It still don't make any sense to me as the room will largely impact your results if i say for example 110 dB you might get 120dB or 90dB in your room.
Your room will differ from others even with the same area, and if you're just interested in Max SPL you should really look elsewhere.

This statement is only true if you have room modes that are not dealt with.
Anyone wanting good bass will need to address low frequency room modes first.
And since he was asking for SPL at one meter, the room shape or size will become quasi irrelevant once proper sound treatment is applied. ;)