Ultimate low power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
Some time ago I asked the question about the best low power amp and the MoFo was recommended. Thought about this but didn't want to build another pre amp specifically to drive this.
Looking to use my B1 buffer which I love. I only need a couple of watts to drive my mid/hf horns.
So.... what should I build as the final piece of the puzzle?

Thanks

It’s subjective but likely aleph j as it’s optimized for that load. I have not heard one though. Or the zen amps.

If you honestly only need a watt or two you are in SET tube amp territory which is a whole separate forum but could also be of interest to you.

Build the Zen lite, that'll drive anything at 8 ohm and above, SPL 93dB and above with aplomb.

I use one as a head amp and it doubled as my main amp in the past (for quite some time) fed from B1.
It used to drive 8 ohm, 95dB 2ways, and now drives 24 & 54 ohm Sennheiser hedphones.

I forgot the SEWA dosen't have gain.
Just a thought, although not a SIT, you could make a SIT1 or SIT2 with a power JFET from Mouser.
Mine arrived yesterday :D

Attachments

• Power JFET - UNITED_SILICON-10-03-2018-UJ3N065025K3S-1487506.pdf
    302.2 KB · Views: 131
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.