• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

UK Heatsink Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'm problably going to get what I need from the danish importer. It might be a bit more expensive, but not enough to bother you with a trip to where I live.

Thanks for the kind offer though.

Also, if anybody in Denmark needs some of these heatsinks, please let me know. I'm sure we can get a nice discount if we order together.

\Jens

Jens,

I do not have any pricing yet. I was all over europe in the last week feeling like a Blue-*** fly....:dead: :dead: :dead:

Not sure When I will have time to persue this further. Mext time close to Seifert will be Tuesday.

FYI: The margin added by local distributers is approx 15 - 20% and an extra week to deliver.

Take care...Marcel.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
OK guys, time to get this back on track. Currently there are just myself and Matt signed up on the Wiki. It seems to be working at the moment, so get signed up!

We need 10 more sinks to get the first deal. You know these look good, you all have projects you know can/will use them for, so get your names down! :)

£362 per m sounds pretty pricey to me. I recently went through my own HS search in the UK and gave up trying to find a sensible price. I would not buy from the EU either with what I know now.

In the end I bought from www.conradheatsinks.com of Australia (who's details I found somewhere else in this forum). Excellent service, good range, <10 day delivery to the UK and half the price (including shipping) of buying from ABL in Birmingham! I find it sort of sad that it is half the price for me to import from the other side of the planet than it is from 50 miles up the road, but c'est la vie cobber.

why not get a quote then ?

imo, Conrad doesnt do anodising though, theirs are powdercoated.
And their usual range is limited to 5.9" height.

If the 100 Q/M Pinky mentioned is incl. VAT for the heatsink he posted, either the 1620HS with 0.29 at 200mm height or the 1086HS at 0.35 , that is a price hard to beat.

Both have a very thick baseplate of 14 or 17 mm, very nice, imo.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
£100 per metre doesn't include vat or delivery to you, unless we get up to around the 50 mark.

There's no way I could do a Conrad group buy, as I don't have a big enough credit card limit, but if some one else wanted to take over then I might be interested in joining in.

Can anyone else be bothered? At the moment, it's difficult enough getting to 24 pieces...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.