UK DIYers want Panasonic electrets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can't seem to hunt any down. If anyone knows of a source for the Panasonic WM60 or WM61 in the UK then please let me know.

Otherwise I was thinking about purchasing bulk from digikey and can distribute them to those interested. Please let me know if you want any. I'll pay to get them all here in the first instance off course.

I've tried finding the Panasonic capsules here too but with no luck. The Monacor MCE-2000 is, apperently, a rebadged WM60A and these guys sell them for 4 euro as well as calibrated wands, preamps etc:
http://home.t-online.de/home/wfrank/shop-us/index_us.html

I ended up importing a calibrated WM60A capsule from Kim Girardin but I'd be interested in a couple of additional mics if you do decide on a group buy.

Nice one,
David.

The WM-60AY is to be discontinued soon, and my understanding is the WM-61A/B is better (equally flat with higher S/N). I've also heard about a particular 3 pin version of the WM-61 which supposedly allows for easier bypass of the internal FET (Linkwitz mod), so this is the one of primary interest to me. I'll post info as I get it.

Depending on the interest, I may get my company to invest in a bulk load.

I'm intrested in 4 or 5 capsules. This should be intresting for everyone in europe who needs a mic for their measuring setup, shipping expences from the states is really expensive compared to the cheap mic's! And I dont trust the quality of the Monacor MCE-2000 capsules!

Edgar

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Edgar said:
And I dont trust the quality of the Monacor MCE-2000 capsules!
Edgar

I doubt sincerely that Monacor has anything to do with the manufacture of the capsules. I am sure Panasonic has a large factory where all of them are made, and they are just slap a new label on them.

I understand these capsules are also used in camcorders and other equipment requiring a cheap microphone.

Hello sobazz!

Perhaps i was a bit unprecise in my comment, i don't doubt the monacor part is a panasonic, but when i last looked at the monacor site i could not find any detailed info on them, therefor it could be any of the panasonic capsules, also the low spec ones. But looking at the link Vikash provided it seems that the mce2000 is one of the better ones from panasonic. Just fine for any application :)

But it looks like we can by them cheaper in this group by, .....and now we know what we are buying!

cheers
Edgar

Also if any friendly american would also buy me 4-5 of then ship them too me I would be greatful. The only problem with this is I will have to pay via paypal as getting a money order to the states from the bank Will double the cost. So if anyone else is interested send me an email.

Cheers Matt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.