UCDs with SMPS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Then it is better that you divide that voltage with two resistors, for example, 1K + 510ohm, with the 510 ohm from the "Module ON" signal to GND, and the 1K resistor from "Module ON" to preamp +15V, do you follow me?
Make sure that you are using the right pins on the BP4078 3-pin on/off connector. Remember that the one that is near the INPUT connector is +5V (don't use this pin), the central one is "Module ON" and the other one is GND.

Sergio

Some users have reported good results with other linear Class-AB amps. There shouldn't be any problem with this either.

Just need to know the required rails voltage. SPS80 can be made from +/-45 to +/-60V (standard version) or from +/-60V to +/-85V (HV version).
For 250Wx2, no problem, as the efficiency of the amp will require around 800W. For powers above that, one supply per channel is recommended.

Best regards,
Sergio

ssanmor said:
Then it is better that you divide that voltage with two resistors, for example, 1K + 510ohm, with the 510 ohm from the "Module ON" signal to GND, and the 1K resistor from "Module ON" to preamp +15V, do you follow me?

That's a 3:1 voltage divider, to reduce the +15 to +5, correct?

I see ackcheng reduced the residual carrier by following the choke with a 0.47 uF capacitor. Would there be a problem with using a larger cap, say in the 1 to 10 microfarad range? Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.