UcD400 Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tomahack:
Maybe a little drawing of your connections will help find out what's wrong. Compare it with hypex' recommended wiring diagram.

ClassD:
Normally speaker ground must be "floating".
Speaker ground is also the module's chassis ground there's two connections for it but they're at the same potential.

I meant you don't have to wire directly the speaker ground to chassis, right? Module's chassis ground is taken from the T also (?)

regards
Mauricio

maxlorenz said:
Tomahack:
Maybe a little drawing of your connections will help find out what's wrong. Compare it with hypex' recommended wiring diagram.

ClassD:

I meant you don't have to wire directly the speaker ground to chassis, right? Module's chassis ground is taken from the T also (?)

regards
Mauricio

Maxlorenz, the other monoblock is running fine so I guess the wiring is OK.The source of the problem seems to be module itself.

maxlorenz said:
Tomahack:

ClassD:

regards
Mauricio

Yeah.

Are you sure the input pins are in good contact with their vias? Since it follows the module we know it's not an external wiring fault.

Your modules appear modified so I guess if all your connectors are solide I'd be looking around for possible solder bridges, cold joints, loose connections, maybe it's even possible you actually forgot to solder a connection and it's just sitting there..

Double check polarity of all caps you changed, if you DC coupled make sure the jumpers in place of the caps are effective,

You could always probe the supply pin of the op amp and make sure the voltage there is OK, as well as that of the lower driver supply, check solder connections all around where you soldered in case anything came loose too.

classd4sure said:
Your modules appear modified so I guess if all your connectors are solide I'd be looking around for possible solder bridges, cold joints, loose connections, maybe it's even possible you actually forgot to solder a connection and it's just sitting there..

Double check polarity of all caps you changed, if you DC coupled make sure the jumpers in place of the caps are effective,

You could always probe the supply pin of the op amp and make sure the voltage there is OK, as well as that of the lower driver supply, check solder connections all around where you soldered in case anything came loose too.

Thanks a lot for your patience. I checked everything twice and all seems normal. Must be a protection kicking in for some reason.

Well, I can think of a few more things to check like auxiliar supply voltage/ bootstrap operation, turn on delay circuit...

But at this point I'd email Hypex and see if they have a better idea, even oddball problems aren't usually unique so they might be able to save you some time and agrevation. Let us know whatever it was though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.