UCD180 questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jan-Peter said:
Steff,

Because of the internal boost trap circuit to drive the positive fet you have an output voltage of 12VDC when the amp is OFF and without a load. You can remove this high impedance DC voltage when you connect a 47k resistor from the output to -V.

Or the best way would be to use a 12V zener and 33k from the output to -V. The kathode of the zener should go to the output of the amp, anode to the resistors and other side of the resistor to -V.

Regards,

Jan-Peter

Thanks JP for the answer.

But where come from the -20.6V with no charge and MUTE ON?

And why 180mV with 100 Ohms charge?

I can see the 12V when MUTE is OFF with no charge.

Jan-Peter said:
??? I don't know....

Does the amps works ok?

Perhaps you can post the full schematic of your setup?

JP

Not done yet but the test circuit is really simple.

PSU (MBR10100 + BHC ALS10S = 42V) -> module (mute directly soldered on GND)

Input shorted. Output tested with charge and without charge. For the test, the GND is not connected to the box. I test the speaker output directly. The DC protection circuit have been completely removed.

The module have been tweaked as this : new op-amp OPA2134 and coupling caps replaced with 47UF BG NX HiQ (no 22UF in stock sorry).

The module works well connected to a 4 Ohms speaker.

What's the dark side of the zener+resitor tweak?

Hi all,

I am considering a pair of UcD180 modules to play with... but before I know what I'm dealing with, I would prefer to use some 24V transformers I have at hand (to keep costs down).

Is this possible, or will I get into trouble?
(I saw the data sheet for the UcD400, hich would indicate problems with my supply voltage being too low.)

Jennice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.