UCD 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

I just get the cores from kits and parts, t106-2, now i got a quiestion about the winding of the toroid. I need a 30uh inductance, but the mini ring core calculator app, says me i need 47 turns of AWG19, but i think the diameter of the wire its too small for +-35v? its about 70w rms.

So, i can winding 3 wires in parallel at same time on the core? even if i above the wires ?

Hope u can understand me and sry for my bad english.

Can anyone help me please!?

Can anyone look at Farnell and write me here "order codes" for toroid cores that can I use for output inductor or whole inductor 20-22uH (15-20A current). I dont know what can I use because Farnell got lot of cores and inuctors...

I dont whant EE cores only.

Thank you!

Can anyone help me please!?

Can anyone look at Farnell and write me here "order codes" for toroid cores that can I use for output inductor or whole inductor 20-22uH (15-20A current). I dont know what can I use because Farnell got lot of cores and inuctors...

I dont whant EE cores only.

Thank you!

For that you would need Micrometals or other iron powder toroids. Farnell does not have them. (at least i haven't found any so far)
Toroids, Ferrites, Parts, Kits, Toroid King, QRP Erector Set
Here you can buy them at a reasonable price, and they ship world-wide.

You can order from Serbia from kitsandparts. The shipping wont be too much. I ordered 10pcs T130-2 and 10pcs of T106-2 from them, and it was much cheaper (even with shipping) than buying from a local dealer.

Yes, I saw that I can order form Serbia. I said thanks God, but then I saw PayPal, and Serbia is on black list for PayPal and all metods of paing from kitsandparts..

Laci, do you have idea what can I do?

Thank

Some wave forms...

residual 5A load 280 khz
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

residual 5A load 400 khz
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

1khz 5A load(distorsions hearable)

Distorsions seem unaffected by switching frequency,but they increase with current.

Please help:confused:

Some wave forms...

residual 5A load 280 khz

residual 5A load 400 khz

1khz 5A load(distorsions hearable)

Distorsions seem unaffected by switching frequency,but they increase with current.

Please help:confused:

Could you make an oscilloscpe measurement of the output of the half-bridge, before inductor? One of the most important aspects is the square-wave output.
A measurement of the comparator inputs would useful to.
With these we can track down, or help you track down the source of distortion and noise.

Ok..here there are...many thanks for trying to help me:cheers:.

Comparator negativ input(signal from speaker output):

- no load, no input signal:

-5A load,1 khz residual input signal

-5A load,1 khz main input signal

Output square wave before inductor:

-no load, no input signal:

-5A load,1 khz input signal positive swing

-5A load,1 khz input signal negative swing

-5A load,1 khz input signal - more detail

Last edited:
Ok..here there are...many thanks for trying to help me:cheers:.

Comparator negativ input(signal from speaker output):

- no load, no input signal:

-5A load,1 khz residual input signal

-5A load,1 khz main input signal

Output square wave before inductor:

-no load, no input signal:

-5A load,1 khz input signal positive swing

-5A load,1 khz input signal negative swing

-5A load,1 khz input signal - more detail

On the last picture ringing seems excessive. You should recalculate the RC snubber.
Quick calculation of RC snubber: chose a cap about the output capacitance of the FET (from datasheet), then choose a resistor that is about the load impedance.
(you can find an other calculation in IR Tutorial)
You can see big transients, what obviously gets to comparator inputs.

Could you share some updated schematics and layout. I searched back and your last posted layout (back about a dozen pages) seems not so good (as feedbacked by most of uses)
What exact type of output FETs you use? They seem to have bad body diode. (transient at high current)
FET, FET driving, RC snubber should be optimied to minimise transients. Then layout should be optimised to maximise comparator immunity to output transients.
With thise noise and also distortion will be improved.

Ok..i will recalculate the snubbers but now i am using 1nF and 4.7 ohm,should i decrease capacitance?(180 pf output capacitance for irf540z).

I am using your schematic for the amplifier section but with lm317/lm337 voltage regulators.

Current layout..not much modified since i got no real feedback(except 1 answer).
I wanted to avoid a long feedback wire that will act as an antenna/inductor(some designs on this forum even have it crossing the switching bus).I can not understand how that could be better since more switching noise will be injected in comparator input...:scratch1:

Jumper wires for protection section and long wires for comparator supply are not o concern in my opinion since i have lots of local bypasing and filtering resistors,someone even used external supplies without a problem.

Last edited: