UCD 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Hello Kartiño, please I would like you to help me make your D2KNeo Ultimate v.1 amplifier, what changes would you have to make to work with + -90V and use the Mosfet IRFB4227 and the source of what amperage I have to do. I want to make an SMPS source with IR2153 influencing the frequency of the source in the amplifier.

No need to change schematic, but you can use lower voltage of supply caps. Shunt resistors for op amp are 10k 5W.

Last edited:
A real power engineer is able to calculate and measure short circuit current. And literate.

hi all i want to try class h 3steps because reknown durability and less heat. i wanted to try class td but it is too long and thus expense rise in terms of outputs devices. does anyone have a link of class h 3 steps using lm311 or opamp or discreet using only small transistors to drive the fets??

a bit off topic but thanks anyway i will appreciate the help .
i wanted to use ( use es1d , lm 311, irfz44 , (4pairs) c3856 , a1492 , mur860 , voltage to be used dc +135 , +90 , +45 0 -45 , -90 , -135 dc) :) :)

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/162408-900w-h-class-pa-amp-limiter-352.html#post4944286

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
20 nF capacitance, if you want 200nS speed on 500 Khz, make a very beefy driver who can load discharge fast.

Ciss mosfet 500V is always big

This kind of mosfet usually only can be used for sub amp with swtching speef 200kHz or less. LPF shall be designed for this seitching speed as well. That is why I suggest also to try 1 set. I am not saying that mosfet is working

Last edited:
Anyway why not select from 250V or 300V mosfet?
There are a lot of choice. 500V mosfet usually are not good for class D

Not for simple half bridge, but good for BCA, or good if you bypass their diodes. Diode is the real weakness of them, not Ciss.

I also used 500V mosfets in the second version of 150V 30A amp. STW45NM50 2 paralleled.

Attachments

• PowerUnit+Modulator.jpg
    PowerUnit+Modulator.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 873
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
However, for me, I will select from 300V mosfet for supply up to 140Vdc.
There are very good big mosfet from IR or IXYS in related to switching capability and behaviour. 500V mosfet only is good for SMPS where clarity is not.a concern.

For fullbridge can use very good 200V mosfet like IRFP4227 and still get huge enough power output like Inuke.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Sure , prove that your monster amps are not SMPS :D
Show some FFT measurements . THD and IMD at fixed 1kHz will do.

Do you mean my amps?
My amps just little amps not a monster. I don't have that luxury instrument. I have only an old Lecroy Waveace 112 where I can see the shape of sinus wave up to cut off wave.

I am not make money from here. I have a presonus sound card :D but long time never use again for analyzer. To check clarity I compare with class AB on live performance. That is enough for me.

To check clarity I compare with class AB on live performance. That is enough for me.
It's a non obvious way to speak about clarity and fidelity .
It takes 5 minutes to make measurements using a computers soundcard. If you are afraid of showing whese results - I guess the distortion is huge , and there is no use of judging your units as audioamps.[emoji12]

I did a cliptest with a faseshift type class D, it has low distortion in sim but in real live it needs to be build and tested.

clip was more then 100 Volts peak, and as you see the carrier stays stable quite good, maybe because of the multipole feedback network, who did ask a lot of tryout's..

Last picture,s is distortion with 40 volts peak output.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_ Jan. 10 16.06.jpg
    ScreenHunter_ Jan. 10 16.06.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 764
  • 1Khz.jpg
    1Khz.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 595
  • 50Khz.jpg
    50Khz.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 550