UAS - Universal Amplification Stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
please use toroid +/- 32V

46V dual it's sufficient for domestic power

and cut a pair of final bipolar
do not need
is waste of power
(viceversa need dissipator too big)

have good sound

Attachments

• ml-vas.gif
    ml-vas.gif
    64.2 KB · Views: 533
Re: Galactica Project

Stee said:
lineup, if you like, we can make this project togheter :)

let us do it, tu italian ami
but let's not do it here ..... no good, you see .... hmmmmmm

Why you have not join my own personally Audio Forum.
Where me & those amigos will make some ReEALLY gOOD iDEAS together.

1. If you do not come ... to my place ... no project we do ... I promisa
2. If you come ... we make un perfecto amplifier .. and post it here in www.diyaudio.com
3. Ultimatum I give to you ... you make your way :D

Every uno member in my Audio forum
will get uno (1) Audio Blog for posting amplifier articles!

http://lineupaudio.freehostia.com/
http://lineupaudio.freehostia.com/forum/

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool:

I expect your right. The 331, 332, 333 are the 3 different power ratings of the same range, so I expect similar topology with more output.
The 334, 335, 336 are the next gerneration of this amp. Its fair to assume the topology is similar.

Its interesting, the plinius sa250 family I believe use opamp inputs too and these are big buck amps too, Im not sure I think they are worth the money, but build quality is very high and as allways in hifi its personal preference.

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Luke Im not an opamp fan at all, but I have to admit there are some new opamps in the market now which are very good, discrete cannot compete spec wise wise but there is differences in sound, but then again there is differences between different discretes too. Jeff rowland uses gainclones in his amps now and some say they sound awesome, can be confusing. I believe the best amp is the one that sounds the best to your own ears, one one should compare various amps, component matching plays a role too. I have electrocompaniet monoblocks which is my preference for my speakers and cdplayer. Ive built stochino diy amps with slight modifications and some family members which are musicians prefer their sound, the price difference is in the 1000s of euros. I agree that build quality and component quality is of prime importance.

Hi Homemodder,

yes I followed some discussion on this forum regarding the Jeff Rowland gainclone.
What Im finding is that for acoustic or laid back music my sytem is nice. But if I play any rock, it just doesnt have the dynamics to belt it out. Thats what I really liked about the Levinon, it seemed very neutral and dynamic range was huge.
Having said this the owner had more money invested in cables than Ive spent on hifi in my life and a large power conditioner with wall treatrment.
I have considered building the Stochino, Ive never seen pcb boards around for those on this forum.

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
The stochino is a complicated design that needs some care because of its speed. Mine is still on veroboard, but sometime next year Ill get a proper board made for it. I dont have the time to design it so Ill get them designed and made by ACD, a member here. A problem with this amp is its very sensitive to board layout and will probably need some mods again after new boards, its a beast to get absolute stability. A change to higher power output fets is also on the cards. Its excellent for rock, thats what I mostly listen to. When one plays trash metal like metallica a lot of amps become like a blur and makes listening fatigueing, this one plays it with ease.

Looking at Jeff Rowland s earlier schematics , im still baffled that he is using gainclones. He had some excellent looking designs. By the look of the 331 it will be no slouch in speed, play rock with ease too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.