• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Typical THD figure for SSE

However, with new production tubes you can have them selected for matching internal triodes.
And who does this? I recently bought some Psvane and some of them were all over the place. I found one I could use but the plate voltage was 220V for both sides vs the 235V seen on both sides of the GE 6679. The other Psvane was something like yours on one side 257V and 210V on the other side.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Most shops sell factory matched tubes (and I would not trust them) but few shops (mostly focusing on the guitar amp market) offer their own matching service. For instance www.tubeampdoctor.com and www.thetubestore.com to choose an example for either sides of the pond.

For Europe I have few more suggestions. And in the past I found privates buying NOS stocks and matching what you ask for.

Looks like a good spectrum. As long as odd Hs are below 1%, and falling, you are good to go. I bet it sounds great. Here is my garage amp, a JFET-5881/6L6 hybrid, THD is ca 0.6% at 1W, it clips at ca 2.6W. Sounds sweeeet:
circuit_oct22.png
JFET_5881_1W.png