Two way "fullrange"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As a bad hahit of mine I always just before oredering in this case the Fostex FE168EZ look around a couple of websites, and guess what I found, its nit scheap by DIY standards and meybe not even DIY sinc it i bought as a kit , and its a bit different from what I was planing in building but it seems to be proven and that is a big plus for me since i need plans since mi skills in this area are quite small.

Link:

http://www.diy-systems.com/

Yhen go to DYI products and finaly speakers and look att the Quasar MkII

The have the same philisopy that i was after but with a completly different design.

What do you say about them, anyone heard them yet.

Regards

John

johnb said:
What do you say about them, anyone heard them yet.
JohnB,
yes I heard the Quasars at a german DIY audio fair this year, albeit with the AER fullrange drivers instead of the Fostex. IMHO they were best of show - better than two quite elaborated systems with the much praised Visaton B200.

In a system for the Fostex FE206E the BD 15 bass units seem a bit overdone and the price tag hefty. Integration of two less expensive 15" units with a FR driver in a dipole should be a snap using the Behringer DCX processor.

In your post#1 you state:"... but I have never heard an ob and neither have the space for it."

Before entering at such an expensive level you should make absolutely shure that you
- know how dipole bass sounds compared to your baszilla. It is different!
- have got the space to keep the Quasars at least 3´ away from the frontwall.

Rudolf

I vill put an order of a pair of 168ez this week, does anyone know what the internal wolume will have to be to get them down to say 120hz or is that to low? I will listen to the system quite cose and think that crossing the subs to high will cause integration problems.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.