two subwoofers + plate amplifier + FF85wk FAST

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not all plate amps necessarily have HP filtering on the speaker or line level outputs - on all that I've ever used, when both were present, they were full-range feed through.

I have a few plate amps and they are all the same. They all have electrolytic caps between 100 - 220 µfd on the speaker level out. None have filtering on line level outs AFAIK.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes we really like this little driver.

If it will fill your room depends on what you expect in terms of levels.

My room is likely larger than yours (~250 m^3) and i will often blow people away with just a set of uFonkenSET (purposely choosing bass shy music). Add woofer(s) -- we have at least 3 FF85wk FASTs -- and there is little to be asked.

For this app with dedicated woofers, a 1.5 litre sealed box will give a natural 2nd order butterworth roll-off at ~150 Hz.That makes the most sense to me.

dave

I am thinking along the same line. Using a plate amp per channel to release the tube amp from bass duty and match the higher efficiency of the fullranger in a F.A.S.T. Crossover +- 200 Hz. Bass in the same enclosure as the fullranger.

I found these plate amps.
Mc Crypt GP-6 Aktiv Einbau-Verstärkermodul | voelkner - direkt günstiger

Can anybody help out with alternative's for the McCrypt? Looking for cheap plate amps! With or without crossovers included. Auto off would be a big no.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.