Two Noisy amps need repair.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The scope has a ground terminal on the front panel. Connect that terminal to the chassis ground terminal on the amplifier. Does that make the signal on pin 5 look like the one I posted?

If not, confirm that the probe is properly calibrated for the scope. There is a 'cal' terminal. Touch the probe to it and set the vertical amp to whatever produces ±2 divisions of deflection. Set the timebase to whatever produces ~4-5 complete cycles on the display. If the tops and bottoms of the waveform aren't perfectly square, adjust the probe so that they are square as is shown in the following video clip.
http://www.bcae1.com/temp/scopeprobecompensation.avi

I got the waveform you are talking about the square wave on the cal point, and also the switching of the power supply on pin 5 but it was very hard to get a clean trace as it was moving across the screen quite quickly and would become a blur very easily if not set perfectly, and because of that I gave up trying to get a pic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.