Tweeters?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Most amps could handle 4 ohms, especially at the top end. On a low output impedance amp (most solid state amps), you shouldn't notice much if any difference.

Normally I would suggest the simplest conversion would be to halve your resistor and inductor values and double your cap values to go 4 ohms, and make sure your tweeters have a similar resonance frequency to the originals.

Since you can't identify the inductor, can you measure it? You'll need at least a signal generator and a multimeter?

ThSpeakerDude88 said:
thats the one thing I was worried about, these speakers are very efficient. I believe 99db is what the old ad's say.

Maybe thats why they had two tweeters in each cab, to make it more efficient?

as long as they will sound like they did before I'll be happy, as they sound wonderful :)

Supravox have a new dome tweeter with 98dB

thanks for the offer, but they do need to be metal dome. ( I will go with textile if I have to.. but would prefer metal dome as thats what they had originally, which are much higher quality than paper cone. ) Also, Mine are 3 inch. then theres the problem of them being 8 ohms again... mine were originally 16 ohm, so I would need dual 16 ohm or 4 ohm to make 8 ohms.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.