Tweeter opinions (sorry!)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nick you can see how low they go in this graph taken at my listening position. I gave them a 6.5dB boost at 40Hz with a wide Q to bring the bass up. The drivers can easily take it. The roll-of around 40Hz but from listening tests the bass is still audible and feel-able down to about 25Hz! I am hearing/feeling bass I didn't even with the PMC's which were flat to 28Hz.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

They also need less EQ to compensate for the room. However, they did desperately need absorption behind them for the midrange to clear up and stop being as muddled as fuk. So it is just different to box speakers in how it interacts with the room.

Also notice how fast the decay rate is in the bass! It was good, but not quite that good with the PMC's. Bear in mind I do still have all my bass-traps and stuff though. Also note that I extend the graph down to 60dB rather than 70 whch is the ETF standard so you see a lot more of the decay rate than when most people post ETF graphs.

Well, I look forward to comparing my dipole woofers with the current TL's. I know they won't go so low but perhaps the quality will be better. If it's not, I always have the TL's to fall back on.

I have this afternoon placed a wire waste paper basking filled with foam offcuts behind each Goodmans 201! Now I will listen while I am watchingthe football! ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.