tweeter choice: dome or ribbon?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Stadium Arcadium to!

There is so much music out there with next to no dynamic range, Metallica is another good example..

But as long as I enjoy the music I try not to let it bother me...

And herein lies the problem for me: Regardless of how much I like a song I cannot possibly enjoy it if it has had the last bit of life compressed out of it.
Prime example is The Stooges 'Raw Power': I really love the original vinyl version but the cd version (remastered ie squashed to death by Iggy himself) is completely unlistenable to me and I had to erase it from my iTunes library.

Well, that would violate the copyright laws. If you knew who I was, you would see why that is a no-go from the git-go. Sorry.
Gold Wave and Grove Mechanic are the tool kit I use. For the Al Jolson 78's, I did the recording using the Lenco wet process. The rest just did a careful clean first. I wish I had the Jolson's, but the CD's were lost. I still have the original Perl Street Jazz Band from when they were just high school kids playing in Boulder. Terrible recording, but fun.

Oh, no, it doesn't have to be whole tracks, I mean, just 30 seconds or so to hear what you've done, I wouldn't suggest copying the whole album ;)

ive used audacity, goldwave and cooledit 2000 and pro versions. Goldwave is ok, audacity is poor, cooledit the best IMHO for vinyl recording. Goldwave is ok if you dont want to do much with the recording, cooledit is by far the best though. I have a digi copy of Hendrix at woodstock somewhere, that im particularly proud of.

ive used audacity, goldwave and cooledit 2000 and pro versions. Goldwave is ok, audacity is poor, cooledit the best IMHO for vinyl recording. Goldwave is ok if you dont want to do much with the recording, cooledit is by far the best though. I have a digi copy of Hendrix at woodstock somewhere, that im particularly proud of.

Cool edit is Adobe Audition now, I have one of the latest versions, it's pretty awesome.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.