TurnTable Servicing: Toshiba SR-300C

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We can bring a CD-53 in outerspace, why not this TT in my garden?

Noise was the motor metal idler too close to motor cage. Screwed it a bit higher and it's smooth as silk and silent as a diesel submarine.
But when belt is on the story changes : the motor starts to hum a bit, too much for me (more than CD mech or the Denon... can hear it from meters away).
Anyway you can check this new video and the belt wich I feel a bit tight (and may pull the motor shaft at the top only and make it noisy...).
And it's too slow. I don't know if I would have noticed it if I did not used a speed probe but I did and as I know it I can't cope with.
So it's the belt or the metal shape on the motor wich may have lost some thickness, or both... Where may I find the REAL specifications of my TT? Many website are selling belt but who telle me they do it with a small margin in spec and therefore play at the limits?
I've checked with a simple string wich... is 677 mm when the sold one is 635 but soft and they can sell 654 ones...

Don't know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD3YEKCGrv0

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The belt looks too tight.

Also klean the motor puley with some alcool.

Use chalk or talk power in the belt on both sides to minimize sticking.

As for the speed, verify the voltage stettings...
Your motor is frequency locked so it is independent from the voltage fluctuations.

Also I believe your belt is touching the speed selector arm.

Otherwise it looks fine from here.

So,
belt made loose by days on a bigger round cylinder : just works fine. Sound is far better on that Toshiba (even if all the world said nothing can beat a Thorens) than on the Denon. Smooth, fluid and well balanced. The simple arm may be a good point.

Enough for now, let's see if I'm taken by a Thorens fever or not...

Newer toy...

I've to learn how to adjust it but seems fine already.

Attachments

• TD150MkIIbis.jpg
    TD150MkIIbis.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 44
  • TP13A.jpg
    TP13A.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 33
  • TP13Abis.jpg
    TP13Abis.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 34
Hi Ricardo,
I wanna know how and if possible to change the bushing in bottom (what's the word?), the single ball/bearing has made a trace on Nylon bottom, also how to make it... slower (belt too loose?) and how/with what to clean the suspensions, there is an "ideal-15-sec-boucing" wich it does not achieve even if it bounces quite well. That's for fine tuning as it works like clockwork already, I'm amazed how dead silent it is!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.