Turntable project completed but need motor assistance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am also going to try a flat belt.

Hi V/A - as before: really nice work!

If you want to experiment with a flat belt, you might consider starting with a belt made from recording tape. I have been reading elsewhere that a number of europeans with high-end tt's are using 1/4" audio recording tape, joined with a little patch of "scotch invisible tape" with considerable success. Apperantly it is just strechy enough, acoustically dead and wears quite well. Also, it seems that it well work on either flat or crowned pulleys.

Be interesting to hear how it works if you decide to try it - plus provide a new use for the several million miles of unused cassette tape in the world :xeye:

JessG

Hey - your motor pod is beautiful. I'm in the middle of a DIY turntable project and am stuck for a motor pod. Yours looks exactly like what I'm looking for -- you said you machined it yourself? Are you a maschinist with access to a metal shop? This sounds like it might be beyond my reach. Might you have any ideas/suggestions for me?

Motor Pod.

xenonaut said:
Hey - your motor pod is beautiful. I'm in the middle of a DIY turntable project and am stuck for a motor pod. Yours looks exactly like what I'm looking for -- you said you machined it yourself? Are you a maschinist with access to a metal shop? This sounds like it might be beyond my reach. Might you have any ideas/suggestions for me?

Unfortunately work is very busy so I have no time to build other projects. THere are other members who have made motor pods that are less involved. Perhaps do a search through the archives and look them up. I wish you luck in completing your turntable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.