Tumult Subwoofer PA box designs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Could someone make a summary of that? Just for PA, would you recommend using something like Rob's 186 design? How deep in freq range would this go (generally)? I don't find transmitting sounds below 50 Hz at high SPL so useful (my experience, the bass is then a bit slow, muddy etc., resulting in lowering the clarity of sound), but as for DJ applications, what do you think? I have never tried that, but based on my friends I'd say that 30-35 Hz at -6 dB is just enough :) no need to go even deeper;)

My advice is don't forget about the midhighs, cos your PA is only good as long as you have flat and high-SPL rated freq response there! (but this is slightly OT cos this is a subbass forum)

Killer said:
Could someone make a summary of that? Just for PA, would you recommend using something like Rob's 186 design? How deep in freq range would this go (generally)? I don't find transmitting sounds below 50 Hz at high SPL so useful (my experience, the bass is then a bit slow, muddy etc., resulting in lowering the clarity of sound), but as for DJ applications, what do you think? I have never tried that, but based on my friends I'd say that 30-35 Hz at -6 dB is just enough :) no need to go even deeper;)

My advice is don't forget about the midhighs, cos your PA is only good as long as you have flat and high-SPL rated freq response there! (but this is slightly OT cos this is a subbass forum)

For PA yes I would reccomend a PUNISHER or 186 horn. IT wouldnt reach far below its cutoff of ~48hz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.