• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube sockets, CMC brown Bakelite 4-pin

I’m curious about the authenticity of the 2-packs of brown Bakelite being sold online for $13 to $18. In some of the photos, the molded markings seem a bit blurry, which makes me wonder if they align with the traditional craftsmanship of CMC parts. I’m leaning towards believing they are genuine, but I would greatly appreciate it if anyone with experience in this area could weigh in. Your insights would be invaluable. Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge!

CMC will sell direct, but if ordering only a small qty then it may be cheaper to buy from an authorised/trusted distributor if there is one in your country. Lot of fake CMC RCA sockets out there, so wouldn't be suprised me if the same applies to tube sockets; not researched that. I almost never buy anything that can easily be faked from fly by night companies, Ebay, Ali etc; that said I did buy some Teflon 5 pin tube sockets which seem decent, hard to tell if the teflon is real or what grade of teflon virgin/recyled, but there wasn't much other choice for that socket available and they make a good contact.

Last edited:
There website might not show the full range. My B5 Teflon from eBay look very similar to the ux4 on their website but pins look slightly different. Difficult to tell for certain if they were the oem. I'd suggest emailimg cmc, they replied quick to me regarding RCA connectors