• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

tube questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello all this is my first time workin with tubes i picked up this turn table /radio consol the other day with thinkin i could use the tube amplifier as a guitar amplifier to my surprise it was a unit that had able to work in stereo any way i stripped it down and was able to strip awy the radio unit and was left with a pre amp and then the amplificatin unit itself now i have a bunch of tubes left over most are valvo types and a couple of siemens and some telefunken my qustions are am i able to use this so i can bridge the amplifier and second is there any noob projects that i can make a tube type distortion pedal please if u need any more info i can post more

and yes im being carefull but bein electricuted been there done that

madman01 said:
hello all this is my first time workin with tubes i picked up this turn table /radio consol the other day with thinkin i could use the tube amplifier as a guitar amplifier to my surprise it was a unit that had able to work in stereo any way i stripped it down and was able to strip awy the radio unit and was left with a pre amp and then the amplificatin unit itself now i have a bunch of tubes left over most are valvo types and a couple of siemens and some telefunken my qustions are am i able to use this so i can bridge the amplifier and second is there any noob projects that i can make a tube type distortion pedal please if u need any more info i can post more

and yes im being carefull but bein electricuted been there done that

Very Possible, It would be a good idea to post the type of console, Brand & model Number, And the Numbers on the tubes.

Valvo, and telefunkens can be valuable if they are the right numbers.
Worst case scenerio you have a lot of good donor parts for a better project!
Trout

madman01 said:

For a start you might try punctation and the occasional capital letter?, your post is hard to read to read and confusing.

Apart from that, list the valve numbers and how many of them there are - that will enable us to suggest what you can do.

But first point, you DON'T normally bridge valve amplifiers - they aren't accurate enough, and the output transformers mean there's no point.

hey i apologize for my punctation grammar isnt my specialty .

The tubes i have are 2 ell80 ,3 ecc83 , 1 ef80 ,1 ech81 1 ef89 ,1 ec81,1 aem86 and a few more with rubbed off numbers .

the reason i asked about bridging i should have asked if i could hook up my guitar on both left and right channels simuntaniously without to much interferance .

I cant tell what kind of console it was,beacause there were no tags on it . Now there is a tag on the transformer that says nordmende r 89 not sure if that helps

i would like to make a distortion pedal if i can with the left over parts there are a few resistors and diodes etc

thanx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.