Tube power supply for Aikido Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1. to use tightly matched tube sections for only the input tube. Preferably a High quality NOS tube.

-This already done

2. replace the resistor with a transistor , in the first stage, bias with LED first stage? can't remember well.

Could you explain me better?

3. Adjust the resistor with potentiometers to reduce distortion to minimum.

-Could you explain me better?

4. Make sure you use quality 1M resistors for the power supply things, 4x I think.

-This already done

I used an Alax Cavalli power supply from his Bijou head amplifier and it's done a marvellous job of driving my Aikido over the years - I think the pcbs are still available.

I added a series CMx to the high voltage filter caps (after the valve rec) and 'played around' with the regulated heater supply but it's essentially still the same circuit - the mods added a little more 'air' to the sound and I like that ....

Tix , here is a link to the Aikido with different tubes and distortions

I think the 6dj8 NOS of the best quality will give you a super excellent sound in B-Follower configuration..

The 1M résistors are SUPER important in the circuit of the Aikido and not shown in most schematics, their role is to introduce feedback in the power supply. !!!!

Survey: Aikido distortion

Here is the straightening part that I would like to achieve, how do you think? it's good? Do the caps have to be bigger? This is the scheme, which will be connected to the other filtering part already present in aikido according to the second scheme.
Thanks

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 252
  • aikidio all in one b-plus schematic.png
    aikidio all in one b-plus schematic.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 248
its too much into details isn't? To me it doesn't matter.

I don't like fried resistors, I use mostly fire proof resistors, they sound to me better than the PRP and caddock.

I like to use Mills non-inductive in power supplies but 5$ each vs 0.1$ for flame proof.

Unless the voltages are over 500V any normal 0.5 watts are able to do the job for the 200V 30 mA supply. Maybe double the first one to 1 watt.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.