• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tube-I-zator Professional PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But if you don't have the money but have 3 times the space. Get the Amp Ohm FE-XAL-AL 630VDC Polyester in Oil. Alu Foil.

9,5 cm long, diameter 4,5 cm. ;)

Attachments

• ampohm.jpg
    ampohm.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I had them on the Tube-I-zator, too.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

They must go for a combination of russian K75-10 hybrid, bypassed by K72p-6 teflon.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This combination beats the Ampohm.

Anyway, it is really surprising how big the step is to the Mundorf s/g/o. The price is 69,90 Euro each.

AFAIK Tony test the caps only in on a speaker crossover and not in a circuit.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Joshua,

the schematic is attached. Here again the informations for the Salas HV-Shunt Module:

My last thoughts to optimize the Tube-I-zator goes to the B+ High Voltage lines.
To get the maximum flexibility, i have made splitting points in the lines.
The splitting of the anode psu lines brings upgrades possibilities.

You could use e.g. a tube rectifier with C-R-C filter instead of the onboard andoe psu or
switch to a regulated shunt psu, witch in my mind brings the greater sound quality upgrade.

With the experiences from Salas low voltage shunt on my DAC project in mind, :cloud9:
i have made an upgrade module for the Tube-I-zator based on his HV shunt circuit design.

Here it is

The specifications are:

- 2mm pcb
- Immersion Gold
- green soldermask on both side
- 70µm copper weight
- Board size 46mm x 133mm

The price is:

HV Shunt regulator Module: $ 14

Worldwide shipping: $ 9
Europe shipping: $ 5
paypal fee: 3,9%

The prices will include (as always) a donation of $3 USD to diyAudio for every pcb sold.

And the result....:eek:

... an absolute H O L O G R A P H I C playback!
The sound image is so perfect, better than any experiences before.

Also the possibility to reproduce great dynamic jumps is better than ever.

As i played my favorite dynamic test track "Fanfare for the common man" from the FIM Super Sounds! III CD, a XRCD24 recording, :yikes:
it blow me out of my chair!

I think that was the last peace to heaven...:p

A big :hug: to Salas for this wonderful circuit.​

Attachments

• Tube-I-zator V2.0.jpg
    Tube-I-zator V2.0.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 288
Joined 2009
Paid Member

They must go for a combination of russian K75-10 hybrid, bypassed by K72p-6 teflon.

Anyway, it is really surprising how big the step is to the Mundorf s/g/o. The price is 69,90 Euro each.

I agree with you, russian teflon are much better than Ampohm.

This cap rolling :spin: makes me wish for a dc servo - although the only comparison that comes in mind, the capless one with dc servo (SF DAC3) is less preferable to some than SF DAC2.

Sticking to caps, Oliver could you point out what's the differences of those two caps, russians (I've ordered them) and Mundorfs ?

Also, considering the TDA1541 rolloff beyond 10KHz (IIRC, Thorsten solved it with a tranformer) how do you find the HF extension in your setup ? Is it a matter of choosing better components (like the TX2575 and better caps) ?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Sticking to caps, Oliver could you point out what's the differences of those two caps, russians (I've ordered them) and Mundorfs ?

Besides the price, the Mundorf s/g/o has a significant better 3D staging, a wonderful midrange and the possibility to hear every micro detail.
The reproduction of the the environment and the room acoustic of the recording is phenomenal.
I use this cap also at the important points in my 300B mono´s with the same results.

Also, considering the TDA1541 rolloff beyond 10KHz (IIRC, Thorsten solved it with a tranformer) how do you find the HF extension in your setup ? Is it a matter of choosing better components (like the TX2575 and better caps) ?

I have absolute no listenable problems about the HF rolloff. However, it depend on your individual setup and the parts you choose.

Oliver,

Is that a .1uf teflon? Why a 1.5uf and not a 2.2uf K75-10?
Would you consider this combination your second choice next to the Mundorf's?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Ned,

yes this is a K72P-6 teflon. I use the 1,5µF because i had only this at home.

I would say that this combinations is closer to the Mundorf supreme silver/gold/oil, but
there are two cheaper Mundorf´s (supreme silver/oil & supreme) witch i did´t try against the russian combo.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.