• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube GU50 made in Russia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
duongmt1980,
I recom. You the first schematic, but try for good sound conect the
grids 2 and 3 to the plate - triod mode /there is mistake....grid 3 is not con. inside
to the cathode!!/. And P1 must be 2,2 - 10 kom !!!
Try to con. R17 to -U /fixed bias/ and make curent plate 80-90 ma !
/schem. 2, 3 are not for Hi-End/.:smash:

hello everybody
i was gone for a while ( medical problems) but i wanna show u my tube amplifier with gu50
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i have made some changes to the opt transformers: the old ones were on 14 square cm core and the new ones are on 17.28 square cm - the ressult: more bass
the green stuff it's temporarelly until i desing a face for the case

@costis_n: i'm really sorry for the inconvenince

gu50

Hi Dog, I hear it is important to ground the metal top cap on these tubes. I'm designing a PP amp running gu50s in triode mode, should put out about 18 watts. Hope to have it bread boarded in the next month or so. I hear these things sound like real nice 6550s on steroids.javascript:smilie(';)')

twystd

Dj Dog said:
twystd - please post pictures here of your project - schematics and opt transformers detailes

I will post photos and a schematic, but much needs to be worked out on the bread board. This is a unique phase splitter/driver section that I have not seen before, so much needs to be resolved before I feel comfortable posting a schematic. When I'm ready, I'll post to a new thread.

As far as the output transformers go, I was planning on using a pair of output transformers from old Dynaco MKIIIs. I believe (just off the top of my head) they have 4.3K plate to plate primaries, with 4,8,or16 ohm secondaries.

Colt45 said:
The cap doesn't need to be grounded, doesn't even need to be on the tube.

Well, like I said, I "heard" it was important. Before I started designing this, I researched gu50 amps from other builders. This grounding issue was mentioned twice, so thought they knew what they were talking about, apparently not.

twystd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.