• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

tube-aholics anonymous ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And it goes on...

I 'accidentally' bought this for $11 off fleabay :p

That's how it starts. You get one tube by "accident" like that 47 and you realize one 47 isn't going to do you any good. You need a pair for a PP amp and then two more for stereo and a few more as backups, and a few more to make matched pairs, and before you know it you have a shoebox full of 47s and some remote plans to someday make a pair of PP 47 amps.

I wouldn't be too sure about that

Ancient Egyptian CRTs

egyptray.gif

:D :D :D :D

While the two "big guys" are struggling with large obsolete vacuum tubes, the guy kneeling at the lower left is using his "tablet", and probably downloading some 'tunes!

Of cause you should buy all tubes you can afford - most types are extinct, and will never ever be produced again.

And, prices are going only in one diection, investing in tubes is better than gold or stocks.

I remember when CCCP tubes was next to free, how much is a quad 6P14P-EV worth today?

Not to speak of tube testers, a small piece from a Hickok tester may be worth 100 USD today, tomorrow who knows.

And a TV-7 tester, how many 1000 or 10 000 USD is people willing to pay for a non functional, and incomplete tester?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.