• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TSSA V1.7 mosfet Current feedback amp module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Width is great. I do not have a DCB1. It has depth, but could not match J2 clone and symmetrical F6 in this regard. We did have a clone of the XP preamp in front of the J2 and F6, where the TSSA had nothing. The XP clone only has balanced out, so we were not able to combine. We also listened straight out of oppo105. Most listening was with vinyl. Please do not take my comments as criticisms. I wanted to be honest and will admit that it is splitting hairs. It is a wonderful amp and I could easily move forward without having anything but this amp.

I think you will enjoy it beyond measure. I will be playing with different pre-amps to pair with it, starting with Salas' 6v6. Another excellent component.
Great to know. I am already salivating :drool: Re. preamp: I have an old Linn LK1 and some 30 years old parts from the Danish High Fidelity. magazines diy preamp ( with a burned out PSU...) so I consider either the Salas dcb1 buffer or the preamp Sonnya mentioned he is developing. We`ll see, Thanks for your feedback.

Last edited:
System synnergy is important. You can have very good quality components that's don't gel well, change one preamp for another and then, Viola! Everything lights up. The system I compared the TSSA to was heavily dialed in, top to bottom. In expect exactly the same from the TSSA. Will thoroughly enjoy the process of discovery.

... Final shot of inside ...
Buzzforb, I can see on your picture that you are using one trafo and two capbanks / supplies. I have considered dual mono but economy and this reply to Pinnochio from Sonnya made me go stereo:
... So if you ask if i would prefer dual mono over single supply configuration then it is a yes, but if i think it is worth the extra money put in then it is a no when using good quality capacitor with Low ESR/ESL.
Do you or others have any experience to share on having single or dual capbanks / supplies with one trafo?

Thanks. I will ask Sonnya if he thinks 2 capbanks is worth the extra money. I remember a picture from him (in TSSA 1.7 or 1.6 thread) with a 1 trafo 2 capbanks setup. Regarding bypass caps, I am in the hands of Sonnya as he is building the amp for me.... ;-) All the best, Per

Can you give us the test set up conditions and test points to trace that possible oscillation in our own builds?

Here are the shots

cadd3f72bed25bbd57e66420ba73fdd3.jpg

7724314c8c1fe1db8ee63e4ab8a1845e.jpg

As you Can see it is really high frequent... 43MHz so you will not detect it unless you use >60MHz scope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since many are talking about removing the bypass plastic caps and changing C2-C3 to something else, also Sonny pointing out to only use low ESR/ESL caps, Nichicon FG would not be ideal there, am I right?

What about this one from Nichicon? Very low ESR and high ripple
UHW1V222MHD Nichicon | 493-6871-ND | DigiKey

Not an "audio" cap like the FG but I wonder if it would be great?

Do

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.