TSSA - The Simplest Symmetrical Amplifier

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Sounds like horn system!?

Boom rocking ? Negatively???

No, its direct radiator stiff surround 6X9 ovals in parallel, and a 6.5inch PHL in another box above them. Positively I meant. That SSA had no problem grabbing at 26dB. Just checked the OLG its 45dB, a 2 stage amp too and the output is a follower. So its A=178, comparable to stock 1.6 TSSA. Maybe the stiff surrounds enjoy some Zo in their small box. Probably.

I really dont think the SSA are completly stable... Go for Megahertz they all say.
Of course, such an open loop bandwidth needs each node of the amp to all have very close roll off frequencies , So the phase will turn very quickly at the high end, because the high Q low pass filter it represent..
Because it happens at such high frequencies, the slightest track is a coil and, all along with parasitic capacitances, has a great influence. So are each component's influence.
But, once it is stable, it stays stable ;-) So is mine.
I tried mine with 10µF, it can be stabilized, increasing the feedback compensation cap to flatten the hf response under such a charge and reduce the input filter frequency to flatten the square waves. The amp see all its wonder reduced: less bandwidth and less slewrate, of course.

BTW did you have opportunity yet to listen to NC400 module? I only see praises all around the net. :yes:
Good morning, Mister Lazy Cat,
Once SSA+PSU+Protection of the CSSA finished, your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to Equal or overkill it with your own Class D amp version.
As always, should you fail in your efforts and we will deny any knowledge of your actions.

Bandwith and slewrate are not correlated, TIM is not caused by NFB. Please read some books and try not to confuse DIYers here with wrong explanations.
dado
OPEN LOOP Bandwith and Slewrate are correlated, that's what i wrote. Please, read correctly and/or learn.
Open loop bandwidth is an envelop curve, witch shows the max gain an amp is able to provide for each frequency.
To understand how bandwidth depend both of the open loop bandwitch and gain factor of an amp, please, read:
Gain?bandwidth product - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To understand what is slewrate, please read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slew_rate
TIM, (also called slewrate distortion :) is produced when the amp is not fast enough to follow the correction signal, please, learn or try to understand.
Please read some books and try not to confuse DIYers here with YOUR wrong assertions.
And, by the way, please, learn in the same time how to post in a non aggressive and disagreeable way, and not be ridiculous.

Last edited:
I think we professionals and many amateurs know what Gain-Bandwidth, Slew Rate, Frequency Response, Closed Loop Bandwidth, Open Loop Bandwidth, Rise Time and such is. Still i am surprised that the discussion about the definitions comes up all the time. Usually the terms are mixed up and misinterpreted badly. Many think for example that Rise Time and Slew Rate are the same although it is quite easy to look it up on the net or in books from Self, JLH, Cordell etc.