• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Trutone model Teeco 610-D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.
I have just acquired this little amp and it looks Brand new and play very good. I can see most caps are old and will need replacing but very solid. I have spent forever on the internet and can only find very little on it or for that matter anything trutone. Any suggestions??????

Chris

Post photos - one looking from above, one looking at the parts in the chassis.

There was a small company Trutone here in Australia that made some guitar amps and chassis for house brands. But I would be amazed if one found its way to the USA. Be like selling cigars to Cubans.

Here are some pics. Tubes...5y3gt 2 6v6 2 12ax7.

uploadfromtaptalk1423918478380.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1423918490712.jpg

Can you do a sharp photo of parts inside the chassis? Then we can estimate the age and what parts are possibly dubious.

However, an amp using 6V6's in conjuction with novals like 12AX7 is likely to be very old - around 1948 - 1952. 1948 or so was when the 12AX7 became widely available and the 6V6 not yet made obsolete by 9-pin pentodes and tetrodes. So all carbon resistors and all capacitors are suspect until proven innocent.

Connect the pilot lamp across teh heater line - the two grey wires on the power transformer.

However, this amp uses a 12.6 V heater line, so don't use a 6.3 V lamp.

You could use a 12V light. However, use a 15 V light. It is good practice to run incandescent lamps in pilot service a little low. They last a heck of a lot longer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.