Troels' design has been completed (JA8008/TW034 DTQWT)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

could you please elaborate on this, a bit more. :)
What kind of music did you listen to, where the speakers driven with 300b or something else, which bass drivers (beyma, eminence or else) where installed on the speaker pair you have listened, how big was the room...?
Just a few qustions to mention...:D

Hi Bassivus,

The speakers were driven with tubes (I think it was 300B's, but I'm not certain). I think the bass drivers were Beymas. I would guess that listening room was app. 25 m2 large. I listed to acoustic music only - a classical piece with few instruments and a kind of folk song - for kids actually.

All this being said, you should not put too much emphasis on my statement regarding the bass, since there were to me so many unknown parameters. If I were you I would simply ask Troels about the bass performance of these speakers. Remember that his experience with different speakers is huge!

Best regards
Peter

Hi Bassivus,

The speakers were driven with tubes (I think it was 300B's, but I'm not certain). I think the bass drivers were Beymas. I would guess that listening room was app. 25 m2 large. I listed to acoustic music only - a classical piece with few instruments and a kind of folk song - for kids actually.

All this being said, you should not put too much emphasis on my statement regarding the bass, since there were to me so many unknown parameters. If I were you I would simply ask Troels about the bass performance of these speakers. Remember that his experience with different speakers is huge!

Best regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the answer. I did not want to bug Troels with to many questions but you are definitely right, I shall ask him!:up:

Best regards
Ivica

I'm still saving up to purchase this kit. I already have one set of the Eminence drivers. I was hoping to save on shipping by buying the crossover components from here (USA) but the lady that I emailed with at Janzen said that they only sell the COMPLETE kit. Just the weight of the coils alone would save some shipping expenses

This is what made me wonder as well, but I don't know about if the tqwt structure should make things different in this regard, in comparison to a closed box. :confused:

Low bass is omnidirectional. If the xover frequency of the rear-woofers is low enough, the rear-facing stature will be no problem.

Later,
wolf

hi Guys
I have finished my DTQWT and from the first sounds they made ..they are great, details and bass are just pure. a remarkable design and the cheapest high end speaker one can make.
One remark: you have to use the right components as Treol's says do not try to substitute for adequite or nearly the same eg: caps or speakers it just wont work.
I have tried it not because i wanted to but had some leftovers from other projects and tried them before i got all the parts for the x-over. Huge deference when you use eg monacor caps (made for x-overs) and the Jenzen caps.

hi Guys
I have finished my DTQWT and from the first sounds they made ..they are great, details and bass are just pure. a remarkable design and the cheapest high end speaker one can make.
One remark: you have to use the right components as Treol's says do not try to substitute for adequite or nearly the same eg: caps or speakers it just wont work.
I have tried it not because i wanted to but had some leftovers from other projects and tried them before i got all the parts for the x-over. Huge deference when you use eg monacor caps (made for x-overs) and the Jenzen caps.

Did you actually buy the kit from Troels or did you source components locally per the specs and parts list?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.