• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Triode/Pentode Loadline Calculator

Very cool! And a few suggestions...

Hi gsmok-

Thank you for creating this tool! Very useful, being a dynamic tube parameters education tool.

I posted a link to it in the Tube Collector Association Yahoo group. Though some still prefer the old way (graph paper & ruler), some did like it. One member suggested it could be more useful to also have input fields for the operating points rather than just the boundary conditions.

Also, why no pentode mode for the EF86?

Again, thank you!

Best- Kent

Uinp is the difference between the grid voltage at the operating point and the voltage on the grid established by the intersection of the loadline with the selected curve marked in yellow. It is therefore amplitude. I think about the elimination of the problem with the interpretation of the description. Thanks for your remark.

Gsmock,

Again, a big thank you for providing this very useful tool to the community - it's truly excellent! I know you've been asked to include quite a few tubes, but it would be great if you could also consider the widely used 6V6 and EL84 tubes in pentode mode as well as the excellent russian 4P1L and 6E5P tubes in triode mode.

Don't know if it helps or if it's even relevant to your simulator, but here's the spice model for the 6e5p:

http://www.bartola.co.uk/valves/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/6E5P_T.txt

and the 4p1l:

** 4P1L_TRIODE ************************************************************

* Created on Mon Jan 07 07:31:48 PST 2013 using tube.model.finder.PaintKIT
* URL: 4P1L | Bartola Valves
*————————————————–
.SUBCKT TRIODE_4P1L_TRIODE 1 2 3 ; P G K ;
+ PARAMS: CCG=8P CGP=7P CCP=9P RGI=2000
+ MU=8.232 EX=1.3719 KG1=851.25 KP=108.0 KVB=528.0 VCT=-1.0 ; Vp_MAX=450.0 Ip_MAX=0.08 Vg_step=5.0
*————————————————–
E1 7 0 VALUE={V(1,3)/KP*LOG(1+EXP(KP*(1/MU+(VCT+V(2,3))/SQRT(KVB+V(1,3)*V(1,3)))))}
RE1 7 0 1G
G1 1 3 VALUE={(PWR(V(7),EX)+PWRS(V(7),EX))/KG1}
RCP 1 3 1G ; TO AVOID FLOATING NODES
C1 2 3 {CCG} ; CATHODE-GRID
C2 2 1 {CGP} ; GRID=PLATE
C3 1 3 {CCP} ; CATHODE-PLATE
D3 5 3 DX ; FOR GRID CURRENT
R1 2 5 {RGI} ; FOR GRID CURRENT
.MODEL DX D(IS=1N RS=1 CJO=10PF TT=1N)
.ENDS
*$

If you could find the time to add these it would really be appreciated.

Hi
First Thanks for your great job it is a great tool
I only looking at it since few days and specially for triode simulation it works very well. Great stuff.
I still have trouble to use it for the pentode simulation may be some words on the correct use for this would be helpful.. and in this respect would be possible to add EL34 pentode to the list?
In any case thank you

Hi,

I've just added C3g tube working in triode mode to the simulator.

hpeter -> I can't find data for tubes you mentioned, so I can't add them to the simulator.

musical noise -> Are you sure, that the 4P1L data from bartola's page is correct? I have problems with (just added) C3g tube parameters from his page.
After importing them to the simulator, anode curves were different from manufacture's data. I had to create my own spice model which is in accordance to real data.

Tube data on Bartola page is measured from a few or only one actual physical tube, not a bogey tube (average of many physical tubes). So it will differ from published tube data. Were the C3g curves way far off from manufacturer's data?

I have an Ayumi model of 4P1L in triode, and the Bartola model. They're kind of close, but the Bartola model always shows much higher THD in simulation. I wonder if the Bartola model is closer to real life than the Ayumi model made from published curves.
--